Product Analyst (9 Month Contract)
Singapore, SG /
Sales & Business Development – Strategic Partnerships /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
You will develop the local product requirements and needs, and support Xero’s ambitious commercial growth aspirations in Asia. To be successful in this role, you will need to keep a close pulse on the market, provide insights and have a deep understanding of the regional accounting software market and potential partners to work with, research and assessment work on potential new product offerings and market entry, and be the communication conduit between government agencies, the local team and the global product team. You will need to have excellent communication and influencing skills to work with the stakeholders on priorities for the Asia market.
What you’ll do
- Lead and facilitate the local product prioritisation process and communicate the resulting development priorities to the global product development teams
- Weigh future product requirements against existing feature functioning for the local market and communicate those prioritisation decisions with relevant stakeholders in the business
- Provide ongoing feedback to the global product teams (obtained from Customers and the Asia Sales Team) on product functionality to ensure the needs of customers are being met as much as possible
- Provide regular updates to the local Asia team on the global product roadmap, pending features, and other relevant product updates including preparing documents to assist in the communication of these
- Identify important customer experiences that will provide strategic or competitive advantage
- Assess, document and own relevant market requirements as relates to local product adoption, including but not limited to tax, government regulations and legal stipulations
- Represent the Asia region’s interests at global product prioritisation meetings and provide insights on how broader product roadmap decisions might influence adoption in the local market
- Coordinate product releases with internal departments to ensure business readiness to drive product success
- Participate in product launch activities, including presentations, public relations, analyst briefings, sales training and partner training
- Work closely with the local marketing team to assess product marketing requirements and opportunities
- Promote Xero as a thought leader in the market
What you’ll bring with you
- 5+ years experience in a product management role in a SaaS company
- Experience being part of a fast growing SaaS company in Asia
- Strong knowledge of the accounting and bookkeeping industry is a plus
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or higher tertiary qualification from a recognised University
- Proven negotiation skills, persuasive ability and excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to influence and work with cross- functional teams
- Strong business acumen and ability to synthesise data and identify trends / opportunities
- Strong project management skills Ability to cope with change in a fast
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package which includes shares and life insurance plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology too.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.