Product Marketing Manager
Melbourne, AU /
Brand, Marketing & Communications – Product & Partner Marketing /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the role;
As a global Product Marketing Manager you will be the marketing lead in helping to build a new business product that is a key strategic initiative for Xero and significant market growth opportunity.
This is a key position where you will quickly become the go-to expert on marketing this product. You will be embedded with the product team where you will be leading positioning, value proposition and annual marketing plans to support product launch and growth. You will also work across multiple regions with GTM teams (sales and marketing) to support launch to achieve customer and commercial targets.
We are looking for someone who has developed product propositions and successfully launched large programs.
You will be no stranger to dealing with the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a fast-paced tech environment. Along with the drive and passion to really make a difference in the work you do.
What you'll do;
- Develop compelling value propositions and playbooks to support global roll-out and growth. Developed in partnership with research agencies, creative teams and regional leads;
- Work with the Product GM, Product manager and product pod as part of the team building the product strategy, roadmaps and identifying ongoing growth opportunities;
- Monitor commercial performance and report monthly Annual marketing plans and quarterly reviews and engagement with regions;
- Be the key contact point for all proposition related queries across the business including regional sales, marketing teams and channels - acting as the product champion
What You’ll Bring With You;
- Highly commercial marketer with demonstrated experience developing new products and and successfully launching at scale;
- Ability to build strong business relationships, internally and externally, that allow you to challenge and influence stakeholders whilst still having fun everyday;
- 7+ years in a product marketing or marketing role;
- Exceptional ability to articulate compelling propositions in clear language and marketing materials;
- Loads of initiative and able to lead virtual teams and work autonomously;
- Experience working on digital products is preferred
- Not mandatory but an advantage - experience if you have worked across time zones and tailored marketing assets that are localised for regions
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.