Vertical Solutions Marketing Lead
London, UK /
Brand, Marketing & Communications – Brand & Operations /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
The Solutions Marketing Lead is an exciting new role at Xero at what is a critical phase in our growth journey. Reporting into the Global Marketing Team, you will be responsible for developing Xeros propositions (in conjunction with other ecosystem and third party partners) to accelerate our growth in key segments including industry verticals.
The Vertical Solutions Marketing Lead will be tasked with working closely with a number of Xero stakeholders (Solutions sales lead, product marketing, ecosystem team, partner marketing and regions) and external partners to develop compelling solutions that meet key segment pain points. You will analyse and commission research, work closely with partners, develop segment marketing plans and central marketing content and sales collateral and identify/track key metrics.
The role draws on previous experience of segment and vertical marketing and building a knowledge of how Xero and/or partner offerings can be utilized for different segment needs. You’ll be a problem solver and collaborator who will thrive on learning about different industry sectors or segments and their platform requirements. You will have experience of marketing via channel partners and third parties as well as direct to small businesses. You will have outstanding marketing skills with an enthusiasm for building relationships. You will be comfortable with change and a fast moving environment. You will have experience at working across countries and / or regions and proven expertise at balancing strategic and execution requirements.
You will be motivated by seeing growth outcomes and have a passion to deliver solutions, programs and outcomes that can be clearly measured.
Of course, this position description is just a guide - the role will grow and evolve over time and in line with the business and management requirements.
What you will do...
- Work closely with the GM - Industry Verticals (Global) and other key stakeholders to identify the primary verticals to focus on including market sizing, addressable market opportunity, competitive positioning and work with third parties to identify appropriate solutions
- Build clear and compelling insights to help inspire and inform the business about segment strategy, potential and way forward.
- Analyse and understand the market and customer opportunities and then create appropriate industry and solution marketing strategy plans including lead solutions, messaging positioning and campaign/content elements including customer journeys, web content, demand generation programmes, sales collateral, customer case studies etc
- Play an important role in contributing to the development of our vertical strategy globally
- Build a value proposition framework for use across all key verticals.
- Work closely with regional teams re industry marketing execution and refinement.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to help accelerate Xero’s brand advocacy and sales strategy in key verticals Attend and present internally and externally to both support & upskill our regional teams
What you will bring with you...
- Experienced leadership, stakeholder management and ability to influence decision making at all levels of an organisation
- Entrepreneurial mindset drive, work ethic and attention to detail
- Problem solver and ability to prioritize initiatives and workload
- Ability to prioritize in a results driven, collaborative environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- 5+ years of marketing experience Ideally including B2B experience
- Leading cross functional teams
- Experience creating a go to market strategy to launch successfully launch strategic partnerships and solutions
- Working across regions and functions
- Experience working with third parties to develop and implement partner marketing plans
- Ability to analyse, interpret and/or compare program results, market research trends and competitive data to identify key learnings, ability to make solid, strategic level recommendations
- Experience in cloud or SaaS space preferred. Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts
- Competency in Salesforce software
- Bachelor's degree or higher
Success looks like...
Clear articulation of priority segments and marketing approaches
Strong engagement with regions, ecosystem and other key stakeholders, improving efficiency and effectiveness of solution marketing approach
Accelerated results in focus segments in terms of market share, brand advocacy, net promoter score and partner/third party engagement
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package with benefits that support a range of lifestyle choices and requirements and the opportunity to participate in Xero’s success through our Long Term Incentive scheme. Xero has rapidly expanding offices in London, Milton Keynes and Manchester and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident committed. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.