Partner Development Representative
Denver, US /
Sales & Business Development – Partner Sales & Development /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
Your role as an Outbound Partner Development Representative (“PDR”) is responsible for recruiting and educating new partners in the accounting, bookkeeping and tax channels.
You will work closely with territory sales reps to build pipelines, drive attendance to Xero partner events and online webinars, and schedule meetings and product demos.
The primary activities will be to gain an understanding of the partner’s accounting/bookkeeping/tax practice and how Xero can assist them. You will actively promote the benefits of the Xero partner program and guide prospects to Xero events hosted by their future Senior Account Manager. Once you have successfully on-boarded a new partner, you will introduce them to their Account Manager.
What you'll do
- Build a sales pipeline through active research and qualifying activities
- Work closely with the Senior Account Managers, to build prospect lists and schedule partner meetings
- Maintain top of funnel rolling lead target as outlined by PDR leads
- Prospect and cold calling on prospective partners, following Xero’s high-touch point cadence
- Drive attendance to Xero led events and webinars and ensure rapid follow up
- Articulate the Xero value proposition and Partner Program in an industry context and encourage accounting & bookkeeping partners to take the next step in the Xero journey
- On-board new partners before hand off to an Account Manager
- Promote, recruit and onboard new partners into the partner program
- Advise and promote Xero certification
- Ensure Xero product knowledge is up to date at all times
- Utilize sales tech stack including Salesforce, LinkedIn Navigator & Calendly
- Effectively cope with change and ambiguity
Success looks like
- Achieving or exceeding monthly KPIs for calls, emails, leads, qualified prospects and registrations for Xero led events & webinars
- Building a sales pipeline that’s positioned for growth at Xero through active cold-calling
- Properly educating partners on Xero's platform and product suite via phone, encouraging them to take next steps and begin their Xero journey
- Scheduling meetings for in region sales teams
- Resilience & adaptability - Ability to successfully navigate a fast paced, high-growth environment, excelling in the face of ambiguity and frequent change. Effective with limited information or direction, comfortable with risk or uncertainty
- Drive for results- Bias for action, high motivation, thrives under pressure, maximizes opportunities, makes bold decision at the right time
- Customer focused- Serves as strategic partner to build, grow, and maintain symbiotic and long- lasting relationships with customers, anticipating needs and providing services that exceed expectations. Uses customer insights to drive and guide the development of new offerings
- Understand the buyer- Demonstrates understanding of buyer behavior; takes collaborative approach to solving problems and providing value in every interaction through the buying process
- Collaboration & teamwork- Focus on "we" over "me." Team-oriented, seeking to be part of a group whose impact is greater than the sum of its parts
- 1-2 years experience making outbound calls (ie- sales, recruiting)
- Experience generating leads and building prospect lists
- Proven experience working with SMBs
- Desire to grow a career in sales
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced & changing environment
Xero is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.