Canberra, AU /
Product – Development /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Tech we use often, and how we use it
We use a lot of C# in .NET Core and some .NET Framework. We use a lot of React, some Knockout, and a little Durandal. We use a lot of SQL Server, some Postgres, and some no-SQL DynamoDB. We love AWS as an infrastructure partner, and TeamCity for our builds and deployments.
We work in an agile way and are constantly refining how we can best live those principles to continuously deliver software that delights our customers and demonstrates our value.
We strive for engineering excellence! We incorporate principles like SOLID, concepts like Domain Driven Design, proven and emerging design patterns, strong testing practices like TDD and automation, with collaborative team environments. Continuous engineering growth is important to us and we’re persistent in being better tomorrow than we were today.
Beyond specific technologies, we seek people with a deep desire to face challenges, a yearning for growth, and a clear understanding of their path forward.
You will have the opportunity to
- Be a team player and build great working relationships with other Xeros
- Use your technical know-how and passion to deliver beautiful software in an agile team
- Help build a positive work environment where others feel confident and able to deliver great work
- Continually be open to learning and sharing your knowledge
- Give and receive honest constructive feedback
- Most importantly, have fun on this journey
You will have
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer
- You have a passion for building great products and who thrive in a team based environment. There will be no bullet point list of technologies, we just want Developers who are passionate about technology and delivering beautiful software
- You’re interested in working in an agile way, with the latest tech then we would love to hear from you
- Exposure to DevOps practices
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, foster innovation and reward success. As such, we are offering full and part-time opportunities (whether it be 0.6 or 0.8 FTE) as a way to balance your life and passions.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.