General Manager - Security Assurance
Wellington, NZ /
Technology – Security /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Our global Security team is growing! We are looking for a General Manager - Security Assurance, based in either our Auckland or Wellington office. Read on to find out more…
About the role
You will be accountable for the Security Assurance function at Xero, this includes teams that deliver security guidance, security education and security evangelism. You will provide leadership and direction for this area, including managing, growing and developing the security leaders who report to you.
You will cultivate strong relationships across the organisation, working closely with other General Managers & Executive General Managers to improve Xero’s security risk and compliance posture.
You will provide strategic and commercial oversight across your area to ensure alignment with the overall Xero strategy and the Xero security strategy. You will lead the communication with stakeholders around the globe, building empathy for and understanding of your users, customers, and markets.
You will empower your teams to improve Xeros security posture, operate at scale and deliver a world class security portfolio, continuously improving from a people, process and technology perspective.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Extensive experience leading and coaching technical leaders as a “manager of managers”
- Experience growing and maintaining high-performing, distributed teams of technical experts
- Proven experience collaborating with a diverse stakeholder group to realise commercial outcomes
- Proven ability to influence outcomes at all levels
- Demonstrated experience in security risk, compliance and regulation
- Experience in setting and executing on global strategy
- Strong budget & financial management
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, where you are comfortable with ambiguity
- A proven ability to lead teams through change
- A strong understanding of general security concepts and technologies
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong influencing/negotiation/ people skills
- Strong skills in managing strategy, business delivery, financial planning and building high performing diverse teams
You will also enjoy all of the perks that comes with being a Xero:
- Xero shares, life insurance and enhanced leave
- A bright modern office with plenty of break out spaces
- Casual dress code
- Career development and ongoing training
- Barista coffee machines and free fresh fruit every day
- Access to wellness programs, discounted gym memberships, fitness classes
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.