Development Team Lead - Mobile
Melbourne, AU /
Product – Development /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Team
Our Mobile team focuses on making it easier for our small business customers to manage their business, giving them confidence and more time to do what they love. We build products, features and tools used by small businesses around the world leveraging native mobile technologies. Our vision is to enable millions of small businesses to thrive by maximising the Xero experience on mobile.
About the Role
You will lead a cross-functional team of Android, iOS and API Developers responsible for Xero’s small business app. You’ll drive delivery, continuous product improvement, and be responsible for supporting your team to be even more awesome. As the team grows or changes, you will provide guidance and leadership to ensure the team remains successful and can achieve its objectives. You’ll also work alongside your Development Manager and fellow Team Leads to drive cross-team initiatives to enable the success of the group as a whole.
Additionally you will
- Drive a culture of engagement and improvement, making sure the team understands how they help our customers and our business achieve great outcomes.
- Make sure your team understands and adheres to modern engineering practice in line with organisational objectives.
- Build and maintain a positive and constructive relationship with the product owner, designers and others to ensure the delivery pipeline is flowing at a predictable and sustainable pace, raising and addressing blockers as appropriate.
- Ensure the health of your team is monitored, that all members of your team are empowered to raise ideas and concerns, and that everyone contributes to improvements in how the team works together
- Helping each of your people to become the highest performing version of themselves using a variety of techniques which may include performance feedback, career development, coaching and mentoring.
- All aspects of people leadership and management to engage, retain and develop staff (i.e. recruitment, performance feedback, staff training and career development, leave approval)
What you'll bring with you
- Leadership skills to create engaged and high performing product teams
- Utilizing your passion for modern software development practices and keenness to use Agile methodologies to ensure your teams are operating in the most effective and efficient way through continuous improvement
- Balancing, communicating and prioritization the needs of individuals, your teams and the business as a whole.
- Coaching and Mentoring cross-functional teams with a focus on learning and ownership within your team.
- Utilising OKRs to help the team set, track, and hit quarterly goalsKeeping your team’s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and actions and making this a priority to the wider team in their day-to-day behaviours and activities.
We want our people to do the best work of their lives and to fulfil their career goals while having the balance to focus on the things and people they love too.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.