General Manager - Security Engineering
Wellington, NZ /
Technology – Security /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We are looking for a General Manager - Security Engineering to join us, based in our Wellington office.
About the role
You will be accountable for the Security Engineering area at Xero, which includes the build and run functions for Security. You will provide leadership and technical direction for this area, including managing, growing and developing the security leaders and teams who report to you.
You will cultivate strong relationships across the organisation, working closely with other General Managers and Executive General Managers to ensure that security is built in by design to all Xero technical solutions.
You will provide strategic, commercial, and technical oversight across your area to ensure alignment with the overall Xero strategy and the Xero security strategy. You will own the communication with stakeholders around the globe, building empathy for and understanding of your users, customers, and markets.
You will empower your teams to increase the technical efficiency and effectiveness of the technical security platforms, operate at scale and continuously improve from a people, process and technology perspective.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Extensive experience leading and coaching technical leaders as a “manager of managers”
- Extensive technical security experience
- A strong understanding of technical security concepts & broad knowledge of cloud technologies
- Proven experience collaborating with a diverse stakeholder group to realise commercial outcomes
- Proven ability to influence outcomes at all levels
- Demonstrated experience in defining technology roadmaps and planning
- Experience in setting and executing on global strategy
- Strong budget and financial management
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, where you are comfortable with ambiguity
- A proven ability to lead teams through change
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong influencing/negotiation/ people skills
You will also enjoy all of the perks that comes with being a Xero:
- Xero shares, life insurance and enhanced leave
- A bright modern office with plenty of break out spaces
- Casual dress code
- Career development and ongoing training
- Barista coffee machines and free fresh fruit every day
- Access to wellness programs, discounted gym memberships, fitness classes!
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.