Sales Enablement Specialist
Denver, US /
Sales & Business Development – Sales Operations & Services /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
At Xero the customer is the cornerstone of everything we do. This role is responsible for developing and facilitating educational content that helps sales teams best consult with Xero customers, ultimately growing their business and ours. Part training and part educational instructional design, it involves independent project management to develop and deliver curriculum to reinforce Xero’s sales process, consultative skills, new products and services to transform the world of accounting.
The ideal candidate will have
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative
- Effective project management and planning abilities
- Passion and desire to make a difference and contribute as a member of a dynamic team
- Positive, friendly ‘can do’ attitude
- Attention to detail, follow up and follow through
- Creativity and willingness to try new things
- Drive for results while dealing with ambiguity
What you'll do
- Schedule, coordinate and facilitate in-person and online trainings with an energetic and engaging style
- Work closely with front-line managers to optimize their team’s performance
- Create and maintain training programs for Xero sellers in a variety of delivery options including self-directed e-learning, video, workshops and seminars Assist with assessment of training needs of employees across the business
- Write learning objectives and training content; including knowledge checks and scripts
- Map out training plans and schedules, design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house) for sales, sales ops, resellers and others
- Coordinate and facilitate onboarding training for new sales employees
- Work closely with internal and external subject matter experts to design, develop and deliver courses that support overall department and business goals
- Maintain quality and brand alignment of training content created within Xero guidelines
- Assist with change management, set up and training for sales and sales ops technology
Success looks like
- High engagement of learners in live and online trainings using a Socratic method
- Ability to take global sales education programs, regionalize and deliver in a short time periode
- Learnings designed and developed to build long term skills and capabilities
- Learning Agility- A strong willingness to learn and adjust to new people and environments. Actively works to understand strengths, identify opportunities to develop, embrace new ways of thinking and apply new information.
- Business Insight- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the business model, market dynamics and revenue levers, to inform and anticipate future strategies, changes and trends.
- Resilience & Adaptability- Ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment, excelling in the face of ambiguity and frequent change. Effective with limited information or direction; comfortable with risk and uncertainty; self-directed and proactive.
- Tech Savvy- Anticipates, experiments with, learns and adopts a broad range of new technologies that enhance organizational outcomes and drive the business forward. Rejects low-impact or fad technologies.
- Plans & Aligns- Sets objectives to align with broader organizational goals. Breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions, stages activities with milestones and schedules, anticipates obstacles and sets contingency plans.
- Effective coach- Facilitates the development of others’ knowledge and skills, providing timely and candid feedback and guidance to help them improve and reach goals.
- Expert presenter- Presents information comfortably, compellingly and articulately with an instinctive, intelligent command of the audience, data and medium.
- Instructional design and training delivery experience in a high-growth SaaS and/or consultative sales environment
- 5 - 10 years experience in Sales Enablement & Facilitation
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Computer literacy and software knowledge, including Google Apps, MS PowerPoint, plus others such as Keynote, Articulate and Evolve
- Experience in the accounting industry and or SaaS a plusCertification in Blanchard’s SLII experience a plus
This is a Fixed Term role through March 31, 2021.
Xero is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.