Executive GM Delivery & Operations
Technology – Agile Delivery
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact...
This is a newly created leadership role reporting to Xero’s Chief Technology Officer and provides an exceptional opportunity to lead the transformation of the Technology function into a world-class business unit.
As the Executive GM - Delivery and Operations you will:
- Make sure that the people, processes and priorities are in place to operate Technology as a world-class business unit. You and your team will coordinate groups across Technology and Xero to execute our most critical business operations.
- Lead the transformation of Technology into a modern delivery organisation. You will deploy the best delivery and product practices to help teams deepen their customer intimacy and accelerate the delivery of value.
- Ensure we have all of the practices in place to effectively prioritise, plan and monitor the execution of our strategic objectives.
- Continue the development of our strategically important team of project and programme managers. You will help them to develop and mature their practice.
- Develop our ability to operate at a portfolio level through improved transparency, dependency management and prioritisation.
To achieve these objectives, you will form strong relationships with leaders across Xero, particularly those in the Product, Strategy and Customer functions.
What you'll do
- Work closely with your team and the Technology leadership team to set a clear vision and strategy that aligns with the corporate strategy.
- Coach and lead a team of leaders to be a high performing and highly engaged cohesive senior leadership team.
- Engage with the Board on progress towards strategic goals and objectives.
- Act as a senior ambassador, thought-leader and champion for Xero and represent Xero in external events, in the media and through online publications.
- Ensure your leadership team and the broader Technology function delivers against financial, people and data integrity objectives.
- Work closely with Technology leadership to ensure teams have what they need to deliver high-quality products and services; and great customer experiences.
- Lead and develop our lean project and programme management capability to ensure it is well-suited for our environment and aligns with our product-lead philosophy. Develop our ability to execute programs that cut-across product release trains.
- Lead efforts to identify strategic impediments to the effective operation of the Technology function and the delivery of customer value. Work with the Technology leadership team to understand and overcome these impediments.
- Demonstrate curiosity and a growth mindset by staying tuned in to the latest thinking. Drive experiments to evaluate these ideas when they show promise.
What you’ll bring...
The successful candidate will possess an exceptional understanding and experience of modern delivery practices and principles including lean, agile, continuous delivery, devops and product thinking. Critical will be strong skills in managing strategy, financial planning and business delivery with a successful track record in executing to realise commercial outcomes. You will need to demonstrate an ability to take #ownership of problems and execute with a pragmatic and collaborative approach to resolution. A passion for building high performing teams, leading people leaders and collaborating with a diverse stakeholder group will be essential. At Xero, we champion innovation, foster inclusion and celebrate success. We also live and breathe our values everyday.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.