Intermediate Software Engineer -Invoicing
Toronto, CA /
Product – Development /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Team
You will be joining our Invoicing team. The invoicing team is a core Xero product team with the goal of digitizing invoices for all our clients. This is a newly formed team for a core Xero product which is getting a lot of spotlights. There have been major developments in the digital invoicing world across the globe, especially AUS, NZ, and the UK, thus our team is in a unique position to build a global product. Our team goal is to save the customer time and Improve their Business Cashflow. Digital invoicing plays a big role in that. Our team is fairly agile. We aim to be cross-functional, with a focus on test-driven development.
About the role
- Develop robust, high-quality software meeting the agreed specifications and complying with Xero’s development team standards and procedures.
- Utilize a variety of technologies including AWS, C#, React, .NET, Docker, RDBMS, RESTful web services.
- Assist Analysts and Designers with the design, prototyping, and preparation of software-specifications and interaction design for product features.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance team members to resolve issues raised by testing throughout the development cycle.
- Maintain current knowledge of development technologies used in the development of Xero’s software applications.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships both within the development team and the wider organization.
- Share your technical expertise with others, including training
- We have existing commitments to deliver features in the market as quickly as possible, so an ability to plan quickly and effectively and to hit the ground running with a focus on delivery will be highly valued. You’ll help build solid, production-ready software fully covered by unit tests and with an efficient deployment pipeline. A lot of work will be developing to well-defined public standards, so an ability to work with these is critical. You should also be a team player and a great communicator.
What you'll bring with you
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of solid experience in the development and/or testing of web-based applications.
- Knowledge of automated or functional testing
- Be able to write testable code, as well as automated tests for your own workAbility to work as part of a team and able to take pride and ownership in their work
- Have initiative and a passion for all things web and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to work with both remote and co-located developers and other team members
- Knowledge of all of the following: C#, .NET, RDBMS
- Passion for helping people fulfill their potential
- Open communication style
- Builds effective relationships
- Experience with Docker, RESTful web services and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum development methodologies.
- Serverless (Azure, Google Cloud, AWS Lambda)
Nice to haves
At Xero, we are empowered to bring our ‘whole self’ to work. Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate. We care about learning together and celebrate our teams’ continuous improvement and career development.
We offer a great remuneration package, including compelling benefits and perks, like Xero shares. We also support flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. Our Canadian Xero family includes Hubdoc, an automated data capture platform and we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.