Developers (Intermediate & Senior) - Billing
Technology – Enterprise Technology & Internal IT
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Become part of our Billing team which is in the process of replacing our current billing system with a more modern and scalable solution to better serve our expanding customer base and allow for more flexible and sophisticated billing scenarios.
Utilise the latest stack (.NET Core, Microservices, Containers) with a great team and be exposed to plenty of opportunity to grow your development career even further.
As a Developer in Billing you will…
Use the latest tools and techniques to create an innovative, next-generation global SaaS product, designed to help small businesses become more productive.
You'll bring with you...
- Solid knowledge of C#, ASP.Net MVC and SQL Server with emphasis on writing modular, scalable code.
- Significant relevant product experience (and some war stories to tell too) - think enterprise app development if not
- A wealth of experience in both the technical and non-technical aspects of software development that enables you to share knowledge, mentor others and push for continuous improvement. Lift the team's game by championing positive change in team practices and culture.
Experience with the following would be awesome...
- Front-end development experience with ReactJS and Redux
- Experience implementing cloud scale systems, preferably AWS, and an understanding of cloud design patterns
- Ability to develop scalable software against large relational databases, specifically SQL Server (and any NoSQL databases); perhaps you’ve dabbled with event-driven architectures which would be a real bonus
- Openness to share your understanding and experience of working within complex architecture designs that support scalable software solutions.
What Xero can offer you…
If you’re looking to work with an internationally acclaimed, award winning product right here in Auckland then this is the opportunity you’re looking for. We’ve got huge global reach and appeal, have a strategy in place for continued success and now is the time to be a part of it all.
Xero’s environment is an awesome place to develop in: we have a culture we’re proud of which is the envy of many and our social vibe is real and alive. We're a big part of the development community and regularly go to conferences and host events and we have lots of social groups/teams too.
As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares as well as a swathe of other cool perks to make your time here that much more enjoyable than elsewhere so if your interested apply online and we will be in touch.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.