Product Manager - NZ Payroll
Auckland, NZ /
Product – Product Management /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the team
The Xero Payroll team are a talented and experienced group of humans based primarily across Australia and the UK. We are focused on making it simple for small businesses everywhere to pay their people correctly and with confidence.
About the role
Payroll is a meaningful connection point between employers and employees - it’s where effort meets reward - but managing payroll is stressful. As the Product Manager for NZ Payroll you will lead the team tasked with eliminating the stress of payroll compliance and making it easier for small business owners to pay and manage their people.
- Develop an energetic team of Xeros, ensuring they experience personal growth and have fulfilling careers
- Critical member of the Product Management peer group who ensure alignment of our products globally, role-model culture and create a sense of ‘one team’ across Payroll
- Own the vision and strategy for a complex set of products and services that touch small business owners, their advisors and their employees
- Challenge the traditional mindset of the payroll industry by reinventing critical workflows in the Payroll process, making them simple, seamless and smarter
- Help small business owners remain compliant with all relevant legislation, creating customer delight and market opportunity from legislative needs
- Drive commercial success through methodical validation of a customer-focused product roadmap.
- An authentic, empathetic leader with a passion for helping people fulfill their potential
- A growth mindset
- A master storyteller who can connect people with a vision
- Strategic thinking that can be applied to tangible execution
- Strong product management discipline
- Ability to build effective relationships and influence across all levels of the business leveraging excellent stakeholder management, open communication style and interpersonal skills
What you'll bring with you
- Demonstrated experience in people leadership with battle scars and a solid track record of getting the best from people
- Experience solving real customer needs through robust product discovery methodologies
- Proven success managing the full product lifecycle
- Stakeholder management and coordination across complex businesses
- Strong experience as a product manager taking a holistic view of your product (customer, commercial, competitor, delivery and macro trends)
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with a diverse stakeholder group to realise commercial outcomes
- Solid understanding of SaaS business models
By joining Xero you’ll be working in a rapidly growing global company that is making life better for people in small business, their advisors and communities around the world. We believe in inspiring people to do the best work of their lives, if you do too then apply!
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.