Developer (Senior and Intermediate) - Work on the Xero SaaS Product!
Product – Development
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We’re currently hiring talented Software Developers to join our global Product team working on technically challenging problems to make business more beautiful for our accounting partners and small business customers. We have an ambitious three year roadmap to consolidate our applications into one cohesive experience and to achieve this, we’re hiring new teams.
Xero is a great place to develop your skills and experience with the latest engineering and software delivery practices, at scale, on a global stage. This will set you up to be the best developer you can be.
Aside from the typical perks you’d expect from a tech company (games rooms, free soft drinks, barista coffee, fresh fruit, sports teams and amazing offices), one of the best things about Xero is our people. You’ll join an inclusive, diverse product team with talented developers from all over the globe.
We support many types of flexible working arrangements like condensed and part-time, which allows you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package which includes shares and life insurance in addition to your base salary plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being.
Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology too. Our culture is one we’re immensely proud of - from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome. We have just moved in to our brand new purpose built office.
Some things which make these roles awesome:
- Honing your skills on how to lead the delivery of global software products at scale, using the latest tech and approaches
- Working with smart, motivated people in a supportive environment
- A strong culture of wanting to be better and making it happen
- Empowered to try things out and make a real difference for our teams and our customers
Here is what you will be doing:
- C# .NET, Node
- SQL Server, NoSQL
- Automated testing frameworks and methodologies (xUnit, NUnit, specflow, etc)
- AWS or Azure
- Deployment and monitoring using tools: TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Datadog, Sumo Logic
What does a day as a developer look like?
- Start your day at a time which suits your schedule and grab a coffee from our in-house barista or take turns with your crew to make the brew
- Collaborate with your team at your daily standup
- Heaps of time to code uninterrupted before lunch
- Grab a bite to eat from a huge variety of options around here, play cards or a board game, go to a book club or drop in at one of our breakout zones. You can also easily head to our gym or go for a run down Tamaki Drive or perhaps take a dip at Parnell pools
- More dedicated uninterrupted time after lunch for focused work or a tech review, design team catch-up, peer review or perhaps time for an internal XED talk
- Give back to the tech community by getting involved with any of the Meetups or other events we host
- 1:1 meetings where you set your agenda, where it’s about you to develop you
- Some teams agree on ‘no-meeting days’ too!
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.