Country Manager, Canada
Toronto, CA /
Sales & Business Development – Partner Sales & Development /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
The Country Manager is accountable for building our business across the Canadian region and firmly driving Xero as the leading SaaS accounting platform. As an Executive you will have helped build and run some of the world's most recognised SaaS/Internet/Software companies. Your recent business success, personal networks and brand are essential ingredients as we build on our initial success, establish alliances and drive high velocity revenue growth. The Country Manager of Canada will be a key member of the global business leadership team.
What you’ll do
Represent Xero in local market
Drive partner channel engagement
Drive increasing revenue by partner
Nurture existing and new partner relationships
Represent Xero to partners, client events
Increase Xero adoption by firm
Train partners on using and selling Xero
Guide partners through journey to connected advisor
Build and maintain strong pipeline of revenue
Maintain social media presence with focus on thought leadership
Accelerate clients growth in partners territory
Maintain relationships ensuring partners grow and get the most out of platform and partnership with Xero
Work with Partners to help small businesses thrive
Collaborative selling with Xero Add-ons
Success Looks Like...
- Demonstrated increase in market share and accelerated decrease of competitors market share
- Recruit key talent and operationalize Xero in the region based on a culture of success
- Build business traction and deliver on targets including Customer Acquisition and Retention, Committed Monthly Revenue (CMR) and Customer Acquisition Costs (CAC).
- Growing momentum is supported by results, new alliances and market awareness
- Xero business plan in place for short and medium term
- Effective and authentic leadership of cross functional teams, demonstrated by culture, engagement and results
- Dealing with ambiguity and thriving in matrix organisations
- Strong partnerships developed with leading accounting practices and industry influencers and industry bodies
- Metrics that measure effectiveness of Marketing strategy and marketing execution
- Marketing partnerships that deliver results.
- Publicity surrounding Xero is positive and builds wider brand awareness and industry profile.
- Xero becomes a loved brand and the small business SaaS poster child
- Drive and nurture a positive company profile across the investment community and key SaaS market commentators
- Live the values and instil the Xero culture across all teams.
What you will bring...
- Compassionate Leader
- Excellent Presenter
- Customer focused
- Excellent Communicator
- Strategic Learning agility
- Builds effective relationships
- SaaS and Hyper Growth Experience
- SaaS and Hyper Growth Experience
- Tertiary qualification
- 10 - 15 years people leadership experience
- Business process improvement
- Strong social media presence
Note: this is just a guide, things change often and quickly here at Xero. This role will evolve over time and inline with the company leadership direction
At Xero, we are empowered to bring our ‘whole self’ to work. Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate. We care about learning together and celebrate our teams’ continuous improvement and career development.
We offer a great remuneration package, including compelling benefits and perks, like Xero shares. We also support flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. Our Canadian Xero family includes Hubdoc, an automated data capture platform and we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.