Compliance Analyst - AU Payroll
Canberra, AU /
Product – Product - General /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Team:
The Xero Payroll team are a talented and experienced group of humans based primarily across Australia and the UK. We are focused on making it simple for small businesses everywhere to pay their people correctly and with confidence.
About the role:
Payroll is a meaningful connection point between employers and employees - it’s where effort meets reward - but managing payroll is stressful. As the compliance analyst for AU Payroll you will be a linchpin for the team who are creating beautiful experiences that small business can rely on to guide them through the regulatory landscape.
- Forge relationships and actively participate in the Australian payroll industry as well as global regulatory forums across Xero
- Proactively monitor the regulatory landscape and maintain a clear view of the compliance horizon for product teams
- Provide subject matter expertise to all parts of Xero on payroll legislation
- Intercept, analyse and interpret regulatory changes and make recommendations for the product management team
- Work closely with other compliance and regulatory experts throughout Xero
- Raise the regulatory IQ of the product team through knowledge sharing and education
- Ensure that the opportunities and impacts of regulatory compliance needs are reflected in our product vision and strategy
- Continuously benchmark our products against current legislation and industry best practice
- You have emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills that allow you to quickly build rapport, credibility and trust
- You are a strong communicator who can translate complex information into digestible recommendations for a variety of audiences
- A lifelong learner you have (and value) a growth mindset
- You have an eye for detail and a methodical approach to your work
- You take ownership and can thrive in an ambiguous fast-paced environment
What You'll bring with you:
- Proven experience building meaningful relationships at different levels, where you have been effective at collaborating and influencing
- You possess a solid working knowledge of the Australian payroll industry and related legislation
- Hands on experience processing payroll, especially for small business, preferred but not essential
- Superb analytical and research skills
- The ability to work with remote and geographically distributed teams
By joining Xero you’ll be working in a rapidly growing global company that is making life better for people in small business, their advisors and communities around the world. We believe in inspiring people to do the best work of their lives, if you do too then apply!
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.