Technology – Security
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We are looking for an Identity Engineer, to join our Security team based in our Wellington office!
The Identity Engineer is a pivotal member of the Identity and Access team. The Identity Engineer will work with the Team Lead and the other engineers to ensure platform security systems are deployed, maintained and innovated in line with industry best practice and to best support the requirements of the Xero environment. This includes development, test, deployment, maintenance, support and operational activities.
You will work as a contributing member of an agile team. Your domain knowledge will guide aspects of their work.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure Xero Platform Identity and Access solutions are deployed and managed in a repeatable, reliable manner utilising continue integration and delivery practices
- Be responsible for deployments which will include improving current processes and have a strong understanding of Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Develop software and automation as agreed with the team
- Administrate and work to automate AWS services like IAM, S3, Lambda, RDS, ECS, etc.
- Provide “five star” support to our internal customers
- Evaluate and implement new security technology controls and solutions
- Ensure that security systems are deployed in line with industry best practices
- Develop and maintain platform security system documentation
- Work with the Xero Security Teams and Production Platform services to ensure that any escalated incidents and problems are resolved in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Proactively anticipate security platform operational issues and develop preventative measures.
- Participate in the 24/7 oncall roster as required
- Maintain awareness of the changing security landscape within Xero
- Help Xero Product teams effectively use Identity and Access solutions
- Work on service requests and incidents in Identity and Access team’s ticketing system
- Be approachable and professional when it comes to communicating/working within and outside of the team
What you'll bring with you:
- A demonstrated interest in Security
- Experience with using AWS or other cloud services
- Experience writing technical documentation
- The ability to bring new ideas to the table and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build effective working relationships with others at all levels of the organisation
- Comfortable with troubleshooting and administration
- A drive to take ownership of problems and solve them
- An interest in the Security Domain and the willingness to continuously develop your skills and knowledge in this area
Why working at Xero is great
Xero’s environment is an awesome place to work and we have a diverse and inclusive culture which we’re very proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family, sport or side-gig is the priority or something in between, Xero can be all of that and more.
We're a huge part of the small business and development communities and you'll find Xeros attending and speaking at conferences and hosting meetups. We're really open in our discussions at Xero, from the latest product management thinking to improving diversity and inclusion.
At Xero, we encourage flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares, Life Insurance and enhanced leave as well as a variety of other perks to make your time here that much more fun. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks like a great social club and sports teams you can join, free fruit, soft drinks and espresso coffee, as well as video games, pool and ping pong tables.
If this sounds like you apply now with your CV and Cover Letter telling us why you want to join the team!
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.