Technical Product Owner
Technology – Engineering & Architecture
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner to join our growing Technology group. This role is based in Wellington & will work with our Engineering & Architecture group. Read on to find out more…
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for executing on our product vision, strategy and roadmap. You will work alongside a talented engineering pod. Your skillful product leadership and management of the pod’s backlog enables the pod to deliver compelling products and services that solve real problems for our customers.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with your manager to set priorities for delivery, based on overall vision and product objectives.
- You will help define a product backlog that focuses on achieving agreed product initiatives from the roadmap, and you will be able to guide and focus the delivery team on what problems need to be solved as priorities and why.
- You’ll keep your product backlog up-to-date and prioritised, working with the architecture and delivery teams to refine and provide estimation as needed.
- You’ll work with product managers to help define the product roadmap and agree the key goals, success measures and timeframes. You’ll discuss potential impacts with the product manager and be aligned on what’s needed and what you’re working towards.
- Assist the group to implement and execute effective fit for purpose software development practices.
- Produce data to demonstrate and track delivery achievements and concerns.
- Collaborate with the development team on customer interactions to discover usability concerns and functional gaps.
- Ensure key collaboration and practices are followed in an efficient manner and continually evolved to suit the needs of the team.
- Foster a culture of collective #ownership and accountability for the work completed within the team.
- Work closely with your manager to ensure stakeholders are provided with the information they require in a timely manner.
- Provide input to the wider team for capability performance, growth and learning.
- Collaborative definition, management and scheduling of work with external teams, to unblock dependencies as required.
What you’ll bring with you
- 3+ years experience working with software delivery teams
- Project management experience, managing risk and stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Agile development, LEAN methodology, and supporting tools
- Excellent business writing and communication
- A strong technical understanding of the technologies, tools, and engineering practices relating to cloud application development
- Hands-on experience with data analytics
- Good technical understanding of modern cloud architecture concepts, patterns, and technologies
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
- Above all, a proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude, exceptionally self-motivated and directed
If this sounds like you apply now with your CV and Cover Letter telling us why you want to join the team!
Xero is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and is Rainbow Tick accredited too.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.