IT Security Operations Engineer
Auckland, NZ /
Technology – Enterprise Technology & Internal IT /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
As part of the Xero Internal IT team, you will ensure all internal systems and infrastructure are secure and protected. You will be a security evangelist within Internal IT; leading, monitoring, reviewing and implementing security-related initiatives. You will strive to keep our people, processes, and technology updated and compliant with industry standards. You will work very closely with the wider Xero Product Security Team and Security Risk Team to keep them informed of all security-related activities within Internal IT.
Security is dealt with in a proactive manner and security measures are put into place before any serious issues arise. You will be the go-to person for security questions and issues within the Internal IT team. Your vocal input will ensure security is at the forefront of the Internal IT team’s minds and is considered with everything they do.
What you'll do:
- Provide Application Review recommendations with Security Risk for any new software coming into Xero.
- Administration and monitoring of our security suite including Firewalls and DLP.
- Monitor critical vulnerabilities and security threats and provide awareness for patch recommendations for all internal systems (network, infrastructure, software, email)
- Constantly monitor for gaps in internal security, identify risks and develop mitigation steps.
- Work with Internal IT teams to prioritise and implement these security initiatives.
- Manage major security incidents with the product security team to develop a consistent process.
- Assist our Workplace Experience (Facilities) team on aspects of physical security as and when required.
- Give input and direction into project work when required.
- Manage relationships with security vendors and 3rd parties.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Operational experience in an internal security team in a large corporate environment
- Experience with DFIR (Digital Forensics and Incident Response)
- Experience with SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) systems and log analysis
- Experience with creating and maintaining CSIRP’s (Cyber Security Incident Response Plans)
- Experience in cloud-delivered technology such as Google and Office 365.
- Well rounded knowledge of LAN/WAN/VPN/Wi-Fi/Firewall technologies and protocols
- Understanding of scripting languages: e.g. Powershell, Bash
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.