Agile Team Lead - North America
Toronto, CA /
Product – Agile Delivery /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Team
We’re the Product Delivery & Change team and our mission is to reimagine Xero’s way of working and grow our people so that we continue to deliver #beautiful product experiences. We’re a tight knit, collaborative group and we value great teamwork. By joining us, you’ll help us embed world-class product practices and mechanisms. You'll join the team of our Agile Leads, working together across the globe.
About the Role
As the people manager and lead of our agile practitioners in the Americas, you’ll help build great product teams and beautiful products by:
1) Leading our Americas team. Attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining capable individuals into our team, building on and complementing the diversity of the team;
2) Championing and driving modern software delivery processes and practices that make it possible for our development teams to do great work (including Agile, Lean, Design Thinking, Continuous Delivery and DevOps), while promoting a safe environment for people to experiment and learn;
3) Role-modelling exemplary leadership, supporting and growing the next generation of agile and product practitioners at Xero
You will be working in close collaboration with your fellow people leads and global product people to realize our product ambitions. You'll also play a key role in understanding and acting on cross-organization opportunities and challenges.
- An experienced, inspiring and authentic leader with strong coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Cultivate trusted stakeholder relationships built on transparency
- Champion business strategy to help others relate, align, and implement
- Passionate about unlocking potential in others and developing talent to enable high performing teams and individuals that deliver great results. You embrace a growth mindset and understand that competency is not fixed
- Skilled at creating safe environments where learning and innovation flourishes
- Self aware, self regulated, motivated and empathetic, with great interpersonal skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, break down complex problems and deliver pragmatic solutions
What You'll Bring with You
- Experience leading people and teams
- Expertise in multiple Agile practices (e.g. Lean, Scrum, Kanban)
- Proven ability to balance the needs of the individual with the needs of the business
- Proven ability to navigate areas of conflict in an open, positive and proactive way
- Experience and desire to hire, build, and develop diverse teams
Please apply with a resume and a cover letter included with your application.
At Xero, we are empowered to bring our ‘whole self’ to work. Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate. We care about learning together and celebrate our teams’ continuous improvement and career development.
We offer a great remuneration package, including compelling benefits and perks, like Xero shares. We also support flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. Our Canadian Xero family includes Hubdoc, an automated data capture platform and we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.