Service Designer - 12 month fixed-term contract
Wellington, NZ /
Product – Design /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
Xero is growing from accounting software to a business platform, and as such is a set of comprehensive products and services. As a practitioner and expert you will be pivotal in guiding team members from Sales, Marketing, technology and Support teams through the service design process working with product peers.
You will be bringing teammates together from all over Xero globally to work x-functionally and ensure that customer experiences in the marketing and sales space are delightful and consistent with our in-product experience, removing any friction.
You will be a fantastic collaborator and guide teams through service design/design thinking methodologies to move through strategic large programs of work, honing your skills in service design in both global and regional teams to improve the service for our customers, effectively helping our partners to help their clients.
What you’ll do
- The service design team has the ability to work across many, if not all portfolios at Xero. Given we are a technology company we work with various colleagues including sales, service, engineering and product teams. It’s important that you are comfortable in working with a wide range of disciplines and diverse teams. You at times will be working with extremely technology focused teams, and other times extremely people focus teams.
- The role involves working on projects and pieces of work in a collaborative team environment, following Design Thinking and Human-centered Design principles to create effective, cohesive and engaging design solutions for Xero and their employees, users and customers.
- Planning and delivering high quality design outcomes for x-functional projects
- Synthesising insights from existing research and planning and conducting any additional customer research needed
- Facilitating co-design workshops with key departments that make up the sum total of a customer experience in all channels (sales, service, marketing, digital) Facilitation may be remote or in person with one or many countries involved.
- Facilitating co-design workshops with customers and or prospective customers (in both remote and physical environments)
- Co-defining service and experience strategies and be comfortable with all aspects of the end-to-end design process.
- Producing artefacts that capture the customer experience that can be used to communicate to various levels of the business including senior management and peers delivering solutions to market.
- Strong skills in storytelling to be able to move strategies, findings into action
- Working on strategic projects, you will plan and conduct field research and have the ability to draw insights and identify opportunities that others may miss. You will work closely with other Design research and insights peers in other departments.
- You will bring experience and energy to facilitate conceptual design workshops and a creative edge to deliver innovative, industry leading ideas, concepts and prototypes.
- A natural collaborator, you'll work closely with a broad group of stakeholders and subject matter experts and inspire and lead discussions both internally with colleagues and externally with employee groups, including senior and executive level stakeholders.
You will have current service and/or experience design experience and may also have a varied background in one or more areas such as UX, interaction design, service design, visual design, prototyping or strategy.
What you’ll bring with you
- Extensive experience in a service design, customer experience role at a global business, consulting experience a plus
- Expert knowledge of the design process and principles
- Experience in service design, marketing, content, product, tech
- Strong conceptual and information design skills
- Experience in working with a broad range of staff, including remote staff
- Experience within a SaaS or Technology Organisation a plus
- A toolkit of methods, processes and approaches that you've built up over time and experience
- Communication, relationship building and stakeholder management
- Ability to resolve complex GTM problems
- Ability to work with key GTM leaderships dispersed across countries and timezones
- Handle changing priorities
- Ownership and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a global remote environment
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.