Wellington, NZ /
Technology – Engineering & Architecture /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Come and join us at Xero! We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join our Engineering & Architecture Practice team, based in Wellington.
As the Principal Engineer you will develop a strategy for supporting and educating our teams in best practice and tools.
You'll set the standard for engineering excellence at Xero and educate teams in what those standards are, how to recognise them and how to reach them.
About the team
The goal for the Engineering & Architecture Practice team is to build the World Class Engineering culture at Xero.
The team is focusing on: providing tools, practices, patterns and frameworks to reduce the cognitive load on our Engineers. We develop the standards and guidelines which clarify the expectations of our engineering teams, and help grow and enable the capabilities of our Engineers.
What you'll do:
- Shape what the future of quality practices looks like at Xero
- Technical coaching and mentoring of software engineers
- Form and lead a community of quality coaches/Engineers
- #champion and drive engineering principles and practices
- Work with the General Managers of Engineering to build and maintain quality standards and provide them with assistance to ensure technical/testing standards are being met
What you'll bring with you?
- Extensive experience coding in production
- Proven experience in operating at a senior technical level
- A Bachelor of Computer Science, or similar
- Extensive experience working with software development projects at scale
- Previous experience identifying and implementing process improvement
- A track record of innovating and delivering technology at scale.
- A track record of solving customers' problems through software.
- Excellent communication skills
Joining Xero means making a difference to the lives of many people, and working for a company with big goals. As part of our awesome package, you’ll get a competitive salary, Xero shares, Life Insurance, great colleagues and an environment that challenges you to follow your passions, develop your skills and be the best you can be.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.