Director of Strategy
Remote, UK /
Strategy & Corporate Development – Strategy /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact…
As Director for Strategy you will be responsible for leading the Strategy team on critical strategic and operational initiatives across all areas of the business - from new market entry to new product development. Tackling some of the biggest questions facing the company globally and in addition, the EMEA region. The decisions you and your team will help guide will represent some of the most important decisions we make, shaping our ability to positively impact the lives of people in small business, their advisers and communities around the world.
What you’ll do...
- Lead the ongoing definition and evolution of our corporate long-term strategy, including evaluating the changing landscape in which Xero operates, identifying the most attractive opportunities and ensuring Xero is positioned to win in the future
- Work with cross-functional teams from Global Strategy and several areas across Xero including Product, Platform, Technology and various Go-to-Market teams to explore, evaluate, and recommend strategies and tactics to support Xero’s corporate priorities
- Structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues. Oversee the development of rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations. Ensuring strategic and financial soundness and alignment for any recommendations
- Support the creation of materials for the Board of Directors and Executive leadership to communicate our perspective on key market trends and strategic implications for Xero
- Assist the Chief Strategy Officer in managing team operations including the allocation of team resources to the initiative pipeline – proactively suggest and lead implementation of new approaches that continue to make the team more efficient and effective
What you’ll bring...
- Extensive experience of Strategy Consulting from within a Management Consultancy house is essential
- Proven experience in a Strategy role with the abilityto independently drive all facets of strategy development to execution; from identifying the question, structuring and performing complex analyses, managing teams against key workstreams, and producing executable presentations for executive leadership and the wider Xero business
- Extensive experience structuring and managing complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders. Must be comfortable managing several concurrent projects of varying structures and types, including long-term strategy, internal consulting engagements, and projects that lend a strategic perspective to immediate business opportunities
- Demonstrated success in past roles helping companies make and execute choices that led to winning in their chosen domain, with a deep understanding of the SaaS and/or accounting and professional service industry preferred
- The ability to communicate recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional management and staff in a clear, concise and impactful way. Quick to establish close working relationships with individuals across all levels and effectively influence without authority
- Experience in providing mentorship and direction to junior team members, contributing to the Strategy team’s collective toolkit to continually enhance our effectiveness as an organisation as well as experience of indirect team leadership of cross-functional resources
This is a permanent role accompanied by a competitive salary plus benefits. This role can be done remotely, but you will need to be present in the London office twice a week and able to travel to other offices/locations as needed.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package with benefits that support a range of lifestyle choices and requirements and the opportunity to participate in Xero’s success through our Long Term Incentive scheme. Xero has rapidly expanding offices in London, Milton Keynes and Manchester and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident committed. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.