Business Analyst (Enterprise Technology)
Wellington, NZ /
Technology – Enterprise Technology & Internal IT /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We are looking for a talented Business Analyst to join our Customer Systems team in Enterprise Technology, based in our Wellington office.
The Customer Systems team is responsible for Xero’s critical go to market (GTM), customer experience,
customer success, voice of the customer and billing solutions. These solutions are Xero’s primary customer
facing systems servicing marketing, sales, customer service, and billing / revenue management; as such are
critical in driving Xero’s ongoing scale. These solutions enable, drive and measure our key scale and
As a Business Analyst you will be working with a talented development team and be responsible for
engaging with business and technical stakeholders, other delivery team members, and third party vendors
to understand problems and desired outcomes. You will analyse, document and communicate needs and
requirements in a way that enables delivery of scalable, high quality solutions. You will be seen as a person
of knowledge, relied upon to communicate clearly and constructively; partnering with the Product Owner,
Product Manager and business teams to make our aspirations come to life in a meaningful and scalable
What you'll do:
- Engage with stakeholders, delivery team members and vendors to fully understand, communicate and document process, workflows, requirements and solutions
- Qualify and analyse work requests, developing a good understanding of the audiences/end users and the purpose of the request
- Support the Product Owner with delivery planning, grooming, estimation and prioritisation of the backlog
- Support the Product Manager with analysis and scope tasks for strategic enhancements and features, being involved in procurement processes as needed
- Where required, project manage small or discrete pieces of work including communication around milestones, dependencies and blockers
- Develop a clear understanding of committed and upcoming work on the team’s roadmap. This includes listening to and interacting with product specialists, leadership teams, product managers, sales and marketing, other business analysts, product teams, customers and accountants.
- Develop working relationships with Solution Architects, Development and Quality Assurance Teams
- Work closely with the Data Services and Analytics teams to understand your stakeholders data requirements, model and identify insights to drive further value from the solutions
- Weekend and night work may be required due to having offices in US, UK, AU and NZ. In addition, some on-call production support may be required for priority 1 issues
- Input into and help the ongoing review and refinement of delivery practices
- Create / contribute to a fun working environment, living Xero’s values daily, with a focus on customer service and delivery both within the immediate team and wider Automation Team.
What experience you'll bring:
- Considered an SME across a particular domain and set of solutions
- 3+ years hands-on experience of business requirements gathering and solution delivery as a Business Analyst or Account Manager
- Project Planning and Software Delivery Management experience desirable
- Familiarity with Business and Systems Architecture models and descriptions
- Experience of working within an Agile Sprint environment and driving consistent results
- Being a champion for the customer and the business - to solve real problems
- Prior experience with databases, query and report-building.
- Working with Product Owner / Product Manager, and stakeholders to understand objectives, value and success measures for new features and enhancements.
- Gathering, eliciting and documenting business processes, workflows, and requirements
- Ability to interact with Senior Stakeholders and vendors
Xero is an inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. Where creativity, innovation and continuous learning are encouraged and celebrated. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe or a workplace which understands your family, sport or a side gig is the priority or something in between - Xero can be all of that and more.
At Xero, we trust you to build your career to the best of your ability and we will support your desire for learning with training and career mentorship to help you flourish. As part of our awesome package, you’ll receive Xero shares and a Life Insurance package as well as a variety of other perks to make your time here that much more fun. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks, so join us and experience our new offices!
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.