Dallas, US /
Sales & Business Development – Partner Consulting /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses thrive through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
At Xero the customer is the cornerstone of everything we do. We’re looking for a passionate consultant with accounting industry knowledge, savvy tech skills, who wants to be part of an accounting software company revolutionizing the small business world. This role is responsible to help drive the adoption of Xero within accounting firms making a change to use Xero’s cloud based platform. This role will be part consulting and part sales. You will need to be able to question and probe stakeholders to uncover new opportunities as well as present solutions that demonstrate how Xero’s products solve a firm's specific problems.
This role requires travel within the greater Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. Up to 80% of your time will be spent in the field, meeting with prospective partners and hosting Xero events and certifications along with your community sales team. The remainder of your work will be done remotely, from your home office.
In addition, 10% of this role requires domestic travel for trainings and events.
In light of COVID-19 all events and partner meetings will be conducted virtually until further notice.
What you'll do
- Demonstrate Xero solutions in pre-sales context to accountants and bookkeepers
- Work closely with external stakeholders ensuring deeper adoption of the Xero platform within an accounting practice
- Work closely with the sales team to deliver business plans for partnersEngage in regular face-to-face, virtual and phone meetings with the relevant internal and external stakeholders managing pre-sales and project priorities
- Assist partners with data conversions through detailed project planning and training guidance
- Handle partner technical questions and escalations
- Educate partners on all partner resources available
- Update CRM system with all client communications including calls, emails and meetings
- Maintain and update CRM system of all practice staff and contact details
- Respond in a timely manner to all partner inquiries
- Manage the creation of resources (processes/videos) for frequently asked questions from partners
Success looks like
- Earning the trust of our accounting partners and assisting them on converting their clients to Xero to modernize their accounting practice
- Presenting full go-to-market solutions for our accounting partners to use with their clients
- Managing multiple ongoing projects related to our accounting partners and internal resources
- Analyzing and recommending solutions for internal and/or client workflow efficiencies
- Nurturing relationships with our accounting partners through attending events and hosting customized workshops
- Industry Expertise: Enthusiasm for the emerging cloud accounting market and its potential
- Building relationships: A natural tendency towards building mutually beneficial partnerships and ability to create quick, strong rapport with accountants and other stakeholders
- Productivity: Results driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Collaboration & teamwork: Ability to work cohesively with the partner sales team using Xero’s four pronged approach
- Expert presenter: Outstanding communication, planning and presentation skills
- Solution orientation: Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- 3+ years of accounting experience, public accounting preferred
- Strong knowledge of the workings of an accounting practice and systems
- CPA certification a plus
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
If you would like to hear more about this role and the opportunity to help shape the next phase in the Xero success story, please apply. If it's a good fit, we'll reach out to schedule a phone screen!
Xero is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.