Product – Development
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
What's the role about?
As an embedded DevOps engineer for our team, you’ll work directly with the product development pods and help diagnose and troubleshoot issues from stage environments all the way through to production as well as using your downtime to investigate and proactively identify areas of improvement in our DevOps space.
We’ve got a bunch of exciting projects on the go, including a brand new invoicing application with plenty of opportunities for exploring further automation, performance testing and improvements, monitoring, CI/CD pipelines, and a brand new modernisation project for some of the older areas of the Xero application which will have plenty of challenges and learning opportunities.
We also use microservice architecture for most services, which brings plenty of infrastructure and DevOps challenges. Most of our applications are using modern frameworks and tools such as React/Redux, .NET Core, Octopus Deploy, New Relic, Sumo Logic, and everything AWS, so you’ll be exposed to and get to use modern technologies!
What you’ll do day to day:
- Enable Platform Development teams to build amazing tooling and nurture the automation capabilities of teams across our deployment pipelines
- Promote opportunities to improve how we use available technologies and help champion Xero’s development standards
- Create an environment that enables regular small deployments to production, working alongside teams moving to continuous deployment
- Get involved with Xero’s DevOps Community of Practice
So what do we need from you?
- Experience with Windows / Linux administration
- Experience with CI/CD of web applications at scale
- Server Automation - Scripting skills
- Experience implementing and supporting scalable infrastructure
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure
- Analytical ability, a logical problem solver with clear communication skills
Ability to work closely with product teams
What you can look forward to
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you. Who says you can't have fun while you do the best work of your life?
We see the value in work-life balance, many of us take full advantage of our flexible working arrangements, so whether you like to get a surf in before work, like to head home in time to pick up the kids or you just like working from the comfort of your own home now and then, we want to support you.
We trust you to build your career to the best of your ability and we will support your hunger to learn with training and career mentorship, to help you flourish. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks so join us and experience our awesome culture!
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.