Toronto, CA /
Strategy & Corporate Development – Strategy /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
As a Strategy Manager, you will be part of the Global strategy team in the Americas responsible for influencing the long term direction of the Americas business and driving key strategic projects to improve performance of the Americas and Global business. You’ll execute and support a broad range of Americas and global strategic projects for Xero including market research, competitive intelligence, and understanding customer needs and trends
What you’ll do
- Lead projects end-to-end: identifying and structuring problems, analyzing root causes, developing solutions, communicating project results, and getting buy-in for change
- Work closely with business experts across product, sales, marketing and education
- Conduct strategic projects evaluating the performance of current business operations and recommend strategies and tactics to achieve business goals
- Build detailed competitor, market and customer segmentation models
- Support go-to-market initiatives including customer segmentation, interviews, and market research
- Support strategic partnerships and M&A opportunities
- Create and deliver high-quality presentations to senior executives
- Support internal and external communications, including CEO-level and investor presentations
Success looks like
- Timely execution of strategy projects and presentation to senior management
- Development of insights and recommendations to support key executive decisions (internal and external)
- Delivery of annual strategy development process
What you’ll bring with you: Critical Competencies
- Strong teamwork and cross-functional team influencing skills
- Experience and proficiency in meeting and presenting to senior staff
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with experience building complex models
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office and/or G-suite
- Managing customer research (online and in person), analyzing results and developing key insights
- Strong analytical background with track record of analyzing data from various sources into reports, analyze trends and make fact-based recommendations
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
What you’ll bring with you: Experience
- BS or higher degree in a quantitative field, preferably Accounting, Economics, Business or Finance
- 4-7 years experience in top tier strategy consulting firm or corporate strategy team
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted AccountingPrinciples (GAAP) preferred
- Familiarity with SaaS business models, sales and marketing preferred
- Sales and marketing operations experience preferred
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Xero, we are empowered to bring our ‘whole self’ to work. Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate. We care about learning together and celebrate our teams’ continuous improvement and career development.
We offer a great remuneration package, including compelling benefits and perks, like Xero shares. We also support flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. Our Canadian Xero family includes Hubdoc, an automated data capture platform and we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.