Senior Business Analyst
Wellington, NZ /
Technology – Delivery & Ops /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
The Technology Operations and Projects group exists to help our Technology, Product and wider Xero teams to deliver high-quality projects and drive initiatives that are large, complex, cross-cutting or complex in nature. We are a team of passionate project and operations professionals who apply a flexible, customer-centric approach to driving change across our business.
You will work with the team to provide business analysis to enable the team to determine a cohesive strategy for rolling out cross-cutting initiatives and programmes of work across our global fleet of products that share a common customer base. You will ensure that supporting functions within Xero have what they need to support these initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Engage with the necessary stakeholders to fully understand, communicate and document process, workflows, requirements and solutions
- Identify and analyse data, developing a good understanding of various customer audiences, to identify and qualify areas of prioritisation for workflow
- Be responsible for supplying the team with a good understanding of business rules that may impact work in progress and in the backlog
- Where required, support the Project Lead to analyse and scope specific pieces of work
- Where required, ensure we get timely and meaningful feedback from our customers
- Develop a clear understanding of the features on the team’s roadmap. This includes listening to and interacting with product specialists, leadership teams, product managers, business analysts, product teams, product design, customers and accountants.
- Contributing to defining and agreeing to team OKRs, and assisting with achieving and measuring/evaluating these.
- Develop working relationships with architects, developers, engineers, project managers and project co-ordinators.
- Create/contribute to a fun working environment, living Xero’s values daily, with a focus on customer service and delivery both within the immediate team and wider Technology Team.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Proven hands-on experience of business requirements gathering, data analysis and solution delivery at a senior level.
- Experience with process mapping and documentation, particularly presenting technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience with SaaS business models and an understanding of SaaS customer data and metrics
- Experience of working within an Agile delivery environment and driving consistent results
- A technical understanding of API interfaces, data replication and integration/architecture concepts.
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.