PX Director - UK & EMEA
Milton Keynes, UK
Business Services – People Experience
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
Our Director of People Experience, UK and EMEA will be accountable for the delivery of the People Experience (PX)across the UK and EMEA business. A strong technical people leader and HR specialist this role will provide PX Business Partnering support to the UK Managing Director as well as lead the UK PX team. This role is a key part of the Global People Experience leadership team and is a hands on role, you will love working in the business as well as mentoring, coaching and growing the team. Driving and leading to our team principles you will shape a team that embodies these:
- Doing the fundamentals flawlessly. Our ability to add strategic value, build trust and be regarded as credible is built on our flawless delivery of the fundamentals.
- One team, with functional experts. We are one team, part of a global function, who have clear roles and responsibilities. Geographically agnostic we work consistently across our sites. Our customers know how we work, what to expect from us and who to engage with.
- Commercial, data driven and #Human. We will use data to inform our actions, plans and activity - we will be strategic in our tactics. Above all we will be #Human.
What you'll do
- Play a key role in helping drive and deliver on the global PX strategy and UK strategy
- Support the UK Managing Director on all people related matters and provide support and coaching to the in-country UK lead team
- Ensure our customers are clear on how we work and understand what to expect from us
- Identify our unique skills and team gaps, build development plans to ensure we have the capability across the team to deliver our strategy and model in a #Human way
- Make sure everyone in the team knows how they fit in to deliver accomplish our goals
- Ensure that we are aligned and working as one team seamlessly across our sites and with our global PX team.
- Take #ownership of portfolios while simultaneously working hand in hand across functions, geographies and portfolios
- Analyse trends and metrics in partnership with the team to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of customers, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Partner with the legal team as needed/required
- Work closely with our Talent teams to ensure recruitment priorities are met
- Work across the global teams to leverage the best of PX Programs and Centers of Excellence (Learning / Diversity / Remuneration etc)
- Build a positive employee experience that leads to improved business performance and increased levels of customer engagement
- Be an advocate of Xero, take opportunities to tell the Xero story and build the brand externally
- Strive to work across the function to test, experiment and improve how we work in line with our scaling and evolution
What you'll bring
- Proven experience in a high paced sole charge Senior People / HR advisory role, covering the broad generalist spectrum of HR
- Deep understanding of multiple HR disciplines, including compensation practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and relevant employment legislation
- The ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity and creativity to changing needs and situations within the business
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills including consultation, facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to deal with confidential information with discretion
- The ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with Management and staff
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at one timeAble to work autonomously on a broad variety of HR projects
This is an outstanding opportunity on a 12 month secondment/fixed term contract.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package with benefits that support a range of lifestyle choices and requirements and the opportunity to participate in Xero’s success through our Long Term Incentive scheme. Xero has rapidly expanding offices in London, Milton Keynes and Manchester and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident committed. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.