Communications Lead - Asia
Brand, Marketing & Communications – Marketing - Regional
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you will make an impact
Your role will be to take ownership for developing and executing an integrated program of diverse and creative communications campaigns aligned to our business strategy to maximise media exposure and brand awareness in South East Asia. You will be highly energetic, passionate and focused in developing and delivering on organisational strategies and objectives.
What you will deliver
- Develop a program of diverse, creative campaigns to maximize media exposure and align them with company strategic goals
- Lead strategic advice to Xero’s global leaders travelling in the region, and a partner to our local leadership team
- Help build and amplify the profiles of key leaders in the Asia business
- Develop and maintain relationships with target business media and influencers in our key markets
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure the Xero voice is heard across multiple channels in our key markets
- Identify creative and distinctive positioning opportunities to help foster Xero’s profile in the media & online
- Identify and create individual customer and partner stories and storytelling opportunities to bring the Xero story to life
- Lead highly productive relationship experience in managing PR agencies and suppliers
- Use online news and social web tracking service to analyse Xero’s market mentions, terminology and emerging topics.
- Help to build and support our strategic social framework and activities and collaborate with Xero’s internal social leads
We are looking for someone who has
- Extensive experience in Communications and Public Relations
- B2B enterprise/SaaS software experience highly desirable
- Global or multinational experience is highly preferred.
- An understanding of the SMB market
- Passion for evangelizing the growing need for social marketing, customer experience, and customer communities.
- Experience with online news and social web monitoring tools/Integrated Marketing Communications
- Proven experience in creating and delivering ‘content everywhere’
- Track record of establishing credibility with Executive Teams
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package which includes shares and life insurance plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology too.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.