National Account Manager
Sales & Business Development – Partner Sales & Development
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
You will be the the primary contact for establishing and building strategic accounting channel partnerships (top 20 firms) in Canada with an opportunity to impact business growth. You will work on a collaborative, high-performing team, led by the Director of Enterprise Partners.
Using your past business development and relationship building experience, you’ll work across Canada engaging partners from local offices to executives. Bringing an understanding of SaaS/cloud solutions/the accounting market to improve outcomes for our national Xero partners.
This is a highly influential position owning a key distribution channel, and you will become an expert in our company, our products, our market and our customers. You will be empowered to use strategic thinking to build creative plans and own national partner success.
Success looks like
- Driving business growth across our key Canadian Accounting Partners (Top 20 Firms)
- Owning the implementation strategy for national partnerships across Canada
- Supporting the product and partnerships teams in bringing strategic partnerships to market
- Effectively collaborating with cross functional teams to deliver through our community-based sales operating model
What you'll bring with you
- Must have strong technical understanding of commercial and procurement processes for large national partnerships
- Ability to influence through clear presentation and communication of complex data analysis
- Ability to recognize and employ appropriate interaction styles and methods to achieve the desired outcome
- Ability to analyze, interpret data, and develop recommendations that synthesize information across functions and perspectives
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales, commercial management, partnership development with relevant experience as a commercial business partner
- Accounting industry experience, accounting firm experience or post secondary school qualification in Accounting or Finance
- Must have experience building mutually-beneficial partnerships with strategic partners
- Have supported a territory-based operating model for a global sales organization
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thanks again for your interest in joining Xero!
Given the currently evolving news around COVID-19, Xero Canada is now working remotely, which means our recruitment processes will also be conducted remotely.
We’re continuously monitoring the situation and are currently working through a range of considerations and adjustments, that will need to be made during this time in regards to recruitment at Xero. We thank you in advance for understanding, and your patience during this time as things may move a little slower or a little differently.
The Xero Talent team
At Xero, we empower our staff to bring their ‘whole self’ to work and support flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package which includes shares and life insurance plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. In Canada, our Xero family includes Hubdoc, a data capture platform and we have offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver.
Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology. Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.