Calgary, CA /
Sales & Business Development – Partner Consulting /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Team
Partner Consultants play a key role in the pre and post sales process helping our sales teams engage and interact with Accounting and Bookkeeping firms. The PC team are a key part of supporting Xero’s partners as they adopt and use Xero's platform on their cloud journey. The team supports partners through strategic planning sessions, key technical education trainings, project management and implementation support. Partner Consultants have technical expertise, people skills but the wow factor is the ability to communicate technical advice in a simple and approachable way.
To ensure our Partner’s success, the Partner Consultants also collaborate and problem-solve with our internal teams, including the Sales, Education, Product, Marketing and Customer Support teams.
About the Role
Do you want to be a part of an accounting software company that is revolutionizing the small business world? We are looking for new team members with intimate knowledge of the accounting industry, who are tech savvy, and have a passion for client relationships. This role helps to engage new accounting and bookkeeping firms and help drive the adoption of Xero. You’ll support firms using Xero’s proven and long standing partner value proposition as they move their practices to the cloud.
You will need to be able to question and probe stakeholders to uncover new opportunities as well as present solutions that demonstrate how Xero’s products fit within a firm. You will also actively support the implementation cycle for existing partner’s looking to establish their cloud practice strategy. In supporting the implementation cycle, you will ensure that each firm has the opportunity to grow through internal firm-wide strategy sessions, key workshops and education.
- Enthusiastic about the emerging cloud accounting market and its new opportunities
- Outstanding communication, planning and presentation skills
- A natural tendency towards building mutually beneficial partnerships and strong rapport, with both accountants and executives
- Demonstrated initiative, attention to detail, and autonomy
- Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- High EQ and a desire to build inclusive environments
What You'll Bring With You
- 2+ years experience in the operational activities of an accounting and/or bookkeeping firm
- Experience with implementation, customer success, and/or project management
- Proficiency in cloud-based workflow tools
- Proven problem solving experience in a consultative selling organization is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or finance or CPA certification is a plus
At Xero, we are empowered to bring our ‘whole self’ to work. Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate. We care about learning together and celebrate our teams’ continuous improvement and career development.
We offer a great remuneration package, including compelling benefits and perks, like Xero shares. We also support flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. Our Canadian Xero family includes Hubdoc, an automated data capture platform and we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.