Toronto, CA /
Product – Product Management /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
We seek a skilled product owner to manage the development of critical components of Xero’s future infrastructure. They will manage Xero’s interactions with external business systems, supporting the ingestion of critical business documents, and help provide highly scalable applications for the management of key business workflows by our many millions of users. This work will help differentiate our product from our competitors and is a key strategic initiative underpinning our platform for the next 5 years and beyond.
What you’ll do
You will be working with the wider sales and purchases team to help small businesses get paid faster and smarter. You will work with Product Managers, Engineers and DevOps Engineers to ensure we have a robust and efficient system. We continually strive to make our user’s lives easier, and you will be championing their cause while building a world-class platform. Xero is a global organization, so you will be working with people across many locations and time zones.
Success looks like
- We have existing commitments to deliver features in the market as quickly as possible, so an ability to plan quickly and effectively, and organize the work of the development team to focus on delivery will be highly valued. You’ll manage the delivery of solid, production-ready software fully covered by unit tests and with an efficient deployment pipeline. A lot of work will be developing to well defined public standards, so an ability to understand and work with these is critical. You will also be a team player and a great communicator.
- Extensive experience with Agile and/or Scrum development methodologies
- Ability to break down complex problems
- Passion for building quality software that delights customers
- Ability to work as part of a team and able to take pride and ownership in their work
- Have initiative and a passion for all things web and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to work with both remote and co-located developers and other team members
- Apply agile principles and best practices with scrum team and partner teams
- Ability to create sound project plan and launches product changes with minimal guidance. Sets appropriate milestones and final deadlines for cross functional team. Practices judgment to involve senior management. Leads effective project meetings.
What you bring to the table
- Extensive experience working as a Product Owner in a modern software development based enterprise environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of professional product management/ownership experience.
- Agile/Scrum certifications or relevant
- Excellent organization and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail with excellent writing, presentation skills
- A solid track record of addressing customer needs through the use of technology
- Experience with Jira /Confluence is preferred
At Xero, we are empowered to bring our ‘whole self’ to work. Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate. We care about learning together and celebrate our teams’ continuous improvement and career development.
We offer a great remuneration package, including compelling benefits and perks, like Xero shares. We also support flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. Our Canadian Xero family includes Hubdoc, an automated data capture platform and we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.