Senior Product Designer
New York, US /
Product – Design /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
The Product Designer is responsible for the interaction design of Xero’s online accounting service and its associated service delivery systems. The interaction designs define the interface architecture, workflow and visual design of these software applications.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the wider team, customers and partners to understand user needs and business objectives
- Contribute to the development of concepts and solutions that improve the Xero user experience, the product, and the platform
- Address user needs in a holistic way, taking into account the total user experience across the platform and considering the broader user workflow
- Produce and share design prototypes showing how a user will experience your solution – design prototypes need to show both the interaction flow and visual design solution
- Collaborate with the product development and other related teams to set expectations for project scope and delivery timeframes
- Collaborate with the wider team to communicate and refine the solution, reducing it down to a solution that solves the problem in the most meaningful and elegant way which can be built and released within an urgent timeframe
- Collaborate with the design and product development teams to ensure project delivery meets deadlines and quality standards
- Collaborate with the wider design team to implement and improve design patterns, when needed invent new design patterns
- Promote design thinking across the entire business, so other people and teams think in terms of delivering a thoughtful, elegant and pleasant user experience
- Provide advice to the marketing and training teams to help communicate the benefits and advantages of the solutions you create
- Provide advice to the marketing and training teams to help maintain a consistent experience between the product and all related promotions and educational materials (website, videos, ads, presentations, training)
Success looks like
- Design projects delivered on schedule against agreed deadlines, to the highest quality standards.
- Create inspiring and innovative solutions to briefs and business problems.
- Collaborate and contribute to the Marketing, Design and Development teams.
- Excellent communicator
- User focused
- Presents solutions
- Builds effective relationships
- Passion for web and mobile technology
- Tertiary qualification preferred
- Experience with product design
- Usability and interaction design experience
- A wide range of Product Design experience
- Experience working closely with developers and other designers
- A portfolio that demonstrates high-quality design outcomes, contributing to user experience and business value
- Expertise of the entire design process from uncovering customer needs and pain points, to executing elegant interfaces
If you would like to hear more about this role and the opportunity to help shape the next phase in the Xero success story, please apply with a resume, cover letter and a completed portfolio. If it's a good fit, we'll reach out to schedule a phone screen!
Xero is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.