Melbourne, AU /
Product – Development /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
At Xero quality is a team responsibility which means that you will be coaching one or more product teams to develop their quality practices and processes across the software delivery lifecycle. Your proven expertise in testing and quality coaching will empower the team to build high quality software.
By shifting quality to the left, you will play a pivotal role in story shaping with the purpose of ‘baking in’ quality and ensuring that the team writes concise testable acceptance criteria that validate that customer needs are met.
What you’ll do
Every day will bring different challenges, but the key areas of your job will be to develop an understanding of the business domain as well as the engineering requirements that will help the delivery team to build quality software and deliver customer value by doing the following:
- Promote high quality and coach the delivery team on how to carry out testing of the teams deliverables
- Coach the team to write well defined, testable acceptance criteria that is easy to understand and implement
- Lead the capability uplift of exploratory testing by conducting hands on sessions with the team throughout the delivery cycle
- Work with members of the delivery team to define the scope of automation test coverage that drives cost reduction
- Drive knowledge uplift in areas such as performance testing and security testing
Success looks like
- A successful delivery team will be self sufficient, be able to execute or automate manual tests with little to no supervision
- Stories will be developed with quality in mind, this means that acceptance criteria is well defined, testable
- The developers are upskilling their practices of testing
- Metrics in quality will enable the team greater visibility on the health of their code
- Collaborate with the team to design, develop and embed systems, processes and practices for performance, exploratory and usability testing
- Teams have good testing strategies and are well versed in the concept ‘Shift-Left’ testing
What you'll bring with you
- Proven ability to lead and coach others
- Aptitude in presenting and promoting ideas in a diverse environment
- Capable of driving quality best practices to the teams
- Experience in advocating software quality
- Experience with functional, as well as performance and security testing Experience with automated CI/CD testing environment
- Experienced with breaking stories to testable requirements
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.