Development Team Lead - Payables
Product – Development
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the role
As Development Team Lead you will undertake software application development of Xero’s products and its associated delivery systems, while also being responsible for a proportion of time on people-focused tasks, including line management and coaching/mentoring of engineers to guide their growth and career.
- Develop robust, high quality software meeting the agreed specifications and complying with Xero’s development team standards and procedures.
- Assist Analysts and Designers with the design, prototyping and preparation of software specifications and interaction design for product features.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance team members to resolve issues raised by testing throughout the development cycle.
- Maintain a current knowledge of development technologies used in the development of Xero’s software applications.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships both within the development team and the wider organisation.
- Share your technical expertise with others, including training.
- Support your reports to continually improve and grow at Xero
- Effectively manage and support your reports to drive performance, culture and an inspiring environment
What you'll bring with you
- Extensive experience in development and/or testing of web based applications.
- Knowledge of automated or functional testing
- Passion for helping people fulfil their potential
- Open communication style
- Builds effective relationships
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Can self-manage and set priorities
- Seek constant improvement for yourself
- Ability to manage sensitive people matters with discretion and professionalism
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.