Senior Developer - Ecosystem
Wellington, NZ /
Ecosystem – Ecosystem Development /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the role
This role in our Developer Experience team is all about implementing a total reskin of our community portal, including the migration of documentation to a dedicated system. You will also get the opportunity to work with other Xero development product and platform teams on the design and development of new services that will scale to support millions of users.
As a part of our team, you’ll be doing things like:
- Working closely with the solution architect to evaluate and implement a next level community portal experience
- Playing a key role in improving your team’s products, technology and processes
- Guiding and informing the team’s technical decision making, drawing on your years of software delivery experience
We are looking for someone with a passion for solving customer problems that improve Xero businesses and, just as important, the customer experience. A big part of what we stand for is the ability to be #human and take ownership of your environment. We are very lucky to have a group of committed people to work with and we'd love you to be a part of it.
As our next Senior Developer you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where the advice you give makes a real difference to people's lives. So for you to be successful in this role you would ideally have experience working with leading design tools and Content Management Systems / Contentful and content modelling as you focus on delivery of positive outcomes for our developer community as a whole.
Alongside this, you will also have:
- An Agile mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Good judgement and high EQ
- Resilience to fail, and learn, and do it again
- A personal commitment to growing and deepening your craft
- The drive to continuously learn and innovate
We like to keep things real and encourage everyone to maintain a healthy work/life balance. There are loads of additional perks we enjoy:
- Work in bright modern offices with adjustable desks so you can sit or stand
- Flexible hours to suit working parents and those returning to work
- We offer a range of staff discounts to support your lifestyle - from child care providers to the latest tech offering
- Have the freedom to dress how you like - we like to keep it casual
- Barista coffee machines, complimentary fresh fruit and fizzy drinks
- Great break out areas with pool tables and ping pong - or to socialise over a coffee
- We have a gym in our office building where we also host group fitness classes
- We care deeply about staff well-being - we run mental wellness programs, offer discounted gym memberships, and have onsite physio visits
- Free Xero paddle boards, bikes and kick scooters - to explore ‘the coolest little capital in the world’
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.