Front End Developer
Auckland, NZ /
Technology – Platform /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We are on the lookout for an Auckland based Front End Developer to join our Platform Engineering team, which is part of the Technology group.
Platform Engineering is responsible for building and maintaining critical applications and services consumed throughout Xero. These services are central to keeping Xero online and scale to millions of customers.
You’ll be joining a new team with a sponsored remit to develop shared libraries, templates and services for use across our suite of products.
We’re looking for someone who has a passion for technology and continuous improvement, and enjoys a collaborative approach to software development. We also value someone who can share that knowledge and grow other people in the team.
What you’ll do:
- Develop robust, secure, high quality software that can integrate and interoperate across Xero’s product suite.
- Closely collaborate with Xero’s product teams interpreting, critiquing and implementing a robust, scalable design vision for technical excellence in the front end.
- Provide leadership across Xero’s global front-end team to promote best practices, facilitate issue resolution and nurture talent in all aspects of front-end development.
- Promote and maintain good working relationships both within Xero’s front-end community and the wider organisation.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Experience with Git, Node.js, React, NPM and front-end tooling.
- An understanding of the benefits and challenges of building web applications at scale.A passion to explore and use new technology/approaches to solve problems.
This opportunity will suit you if you are passionate about great user experiences and how to get the most value out of modern front-end tools and architecture. This role would best suit someone with a few years of experience and we’re open to applicants that have relevant complementary skills like architecture or devops that want to get deep into front-end development.
Have fun while you do the best work of your life! We’re a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We're a huge part of the development community and you'll find Xeros attending and speaking at conferences and hosting meetups. We're really open in our discussions at Xero, from the latest product management thinking to diversity and inclusion.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.