Business Operations Manager - Global Partnerships
Melbourne, AU /
Strategy & Corporate Development – Partnerships /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
The Partnerships Team is a global function and plays a key role in executing on Xero’s strategic vision. Through global, regional and programmatic partnerships, Xero is able to expand its proposition portfolio and support mutually beneficial value creation with other providers of services to small businesses.
The partnership portfolio comprises:
App Developer partnerships, covering some 900 developer partners
Financial Partnerships with banks, fintechs and increasingly, regulators
Strategic Partnerships with Big Tech and other small businesses platform players
We service these partnerships through dedicated global and regional partnerships teams, who align closely with our strategy, product and regional leadership.
How you'll make an impact
- As partnerships evolves along with other Xero functions; be at the forefront of identifying opportunities to improve effectiveness and to bring greater value to the business
- This will entail a robust understanding of company strategy priorities and the establishment of a strong network across the business
- Facilitate the definition, review and evolution of core assets such as purpose statement, operating model and priorities
- Coordinate and track Partnerships initiatives in conjunction with Xero teams and stakeholders
- Ensure that such initiatives and projects are appropriately supported through Project Management and other resources
- Facilitate the tracking of budgets and project milestones to ensure the team is on-track
- This role is central to identifying the tools and processes needed to support Xero teams in the areas of:
Global pipeline management
Performance reporting and forecasting
Business reviews as required - Including compilation of materials
Calendar management including PLT, Extended PLT and Global
Partnerships - plus periodic engagement with Xero stakeholder teams including the Xero leadership team
What you'll bring with you
- Proven experience advising a business on the changing landscape of ‘ways of working’ and organisation design
- Proven experience collaborating and building trust and effective working relationships with stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Experienced with managing confidential information with integrity and diplomacy
- Strong skills in business delivery and financial planning
- Strong skills and experience in prescribing and managing business systems and processes
- Track record in staying across relevant emerging trends and principles for distributed teaming
- A pragmatic and structured thinker with the personal confidence and presence to be able to interact effectively with both executive management and highly skilled individual contributors
- High emotional intelligence with an emphasis on working collaboratively and building relationships
- Optimistic and organized, able to pivot quickly based on shifting priorities without dropping the ball
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute strategically as a key member of the Partnerships Lead Team
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.