Scrum Master (Contract)
Toronto, CA /
Product – Agile Delivery /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Team
Our team's mission is to continuously reimagine Xero’s way of working and grow our people so that we continue to deliver #beautiful product experiences. We’re a tight knit, collaborative group and we value great teamwork. By joining us, you’ll help us embed world-class product practices and mechanisms. You will be working with teams (which we call Pods) to help them establish efficient and effective product delivery practices. You will be making an impact by helping Pods put beautiful products in the hands of our customers and by supporting a great work environment.
You’ll collaborate with Product Owners and Pods on a daily basis, helping them define and prioritize their backlog and deliver value at the end of every iteration. You’ll help to set a sustainable and predictable pace and be integral in activating a high performing, healthy team. You will impact your team by setting the tone and facilitating a continuous growth environment in which Pods can thrive.
About the Role
- You will help our people apply product principles and agile practices in their daily work
- Support collaboration between product, design and engineering
- Support pods with the framework they choose to use (e.g. Scrum, Kanban); enabling Xeros to work together to create seamless customer experiences
- Guide Pods in creating and maintaining core artefacts
- Work closely with Product Owners and pods helping them prioritize and define their backlog
- Facilitate pod events, workshops, team kick-offs, etc.
- Bring an Agile mindset - with priority to principles over process
- Embodies a Growth mindset - people and teams can improve and achieve with enhanced dedication and hard work
- Have high EQ - empathy, humility, interpersonal skills
- Analytical and Proactive - synthesize information and bring the conversation forward
- Team-oriented - focus on winning together as a team
What You'll Bring with You
- Proven ability to navigate groups in open, positive and proactive ways
- Experience facilitating or managing projects
- Experience of working with modern software development practices OR strong creative experience
At Xero, we are empowered to bring our ‘whole self’ to work. Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate. We care about learning together and celebrate our teams’ continuous improvement and career development.
We offer a great remuneration package, including compelling benefits and perks, like Xero shares. We also support flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. Our Canadian Xero family includes Hubdoc, an automated data capture platform and we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.