Salesforce Functional Consultant
Wellington, NZ /
Technology – Enterprise Technology & Internal IT /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
The role of the Salesforce Functional Consultant is to drive continual advances in the Salesforce platform by implementing system enhancements and projects from interpreting requirements through to successful adoption. The Functional Consultant has hands-on experience implementing Salesforce functionality and can act as a knowledgeable liaison between technical teams and business users.
What you'll do:
- Translate complex business requirements into detailed functional and technical solutions and ensure the solution design includes optimised design and best practices.
- Review proposed solutions for Salesforce best practice and fit for configurations across the Salesforce platform.
- Collaborate on solution best practices with the Salesforce team across the Salesforce platform.
- Contribute to design and solutioning workshops for changes, new features and platform optimisation.
- Peer review solutions for teams to check for release readiness, and ensure Xero path to production deployment practices are followed.
- Work with a cross functional team to ensure a robust product is delivered.
- Work with the Integration and Architecture team to design and deliver solutions that automate and scale the business cost-effectively where needed.
- Work with the Data Services and Analytics teams to understand your stakeholders data requirements, model and identify insights to drive further value from the solutions.
- Input into and help the ongoing review and refinement of the delivery process across the Salesforce platform.
- During parts of the system life-cycle, weekend and night-time work may be required due to having offices globally. In addition, some on-call production support may be required for priority 1 issues / as part of Incident Management processes.
- Create/contribute to a fun working environment, living Xero’s values daily, with a focus on customer service and delivery both within the immediate team and wider Enterprise Technology Team.
- Represent the Salesforce platform internally at Xero and champion its success and use.
What you’ll bring with you:
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce, working as an external consultant or a Salesforce. Functional Consultant within an organisation, with relevant certifications.
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce setup and declarative configuration including security and sharing, object creation and definition, automation processes, reporting and validation.
- Preferably experience with full Salesforce development and implementation lifecycle including deployment tools and processes - GitHub, TeamCity, Testing automation.
- Experience with Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Lightning Knowledge and/or Coveo beneficial.
- Experience of APEX development within the Salesforce environment is highly advantageous.
- Experience working within an agile / lean environment and driving consistent results.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator, Advanced Administrator and other Salesforce certifications beneficial.
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.