Senior Security Risk & Compliance Specialist (M&A)
Auckland, NZ /
Technology – Security /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We’re growing rapidly and with growth comes new markets, new partners, new security and risk threats, and new compliance obligations. We are looking for a Senior Security Risk and Compliance Specialist in Wellington or Auckland who will thrive on the challenge of helping our diverse teams understand and manage their security risks, delivering meaningful security initiatives to keep us ahead of the curve.
You’ll be working as part of a global team across the business to improve Xero’s security risk and compliance posture. Your goal is to help us reduce the risk of security incidents and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Xero’s security controls.
We’re a company founded in New Zealand working on a global scale, as a Xero you’ll take the lead not just on the NZ, ANZ or APAC Security Risk but will be part of our global efforts to build a best in class in-house Security Risk and Compliance practice. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading global SaaS company, working across regions and business units.
At Xero we believe having diverse teams of talented people working together is key to our success, joining us means joining a team of talented professionals across our business working in a fun, innovative, collaborative and high performing environment. Our goal is to enable you to do the best work of your life with Xero.
What you'll do:
- Maintain the Security M&A framework and perform security risk assessments and compliance gap assessments related to M&A and other integration activities.
- Assess security risks across all areas of Xero’s business, including product, platform, and third party software and services, to ensure these are well understood and managed within Xero’s risk tolerance.
- Ensure security compliance obligations, both internally defined and externally regulated, are understood and met across Xero
- Ensure that security risks are assessed and understood prior to, and during the engagement with the third party.
- Define requirements and assess solutions to automate and improve the efficiency of risk assessment and reporting processes.
- Keep informed as to emerging security threats that have the potential to impact Xero and recommend mitigating strategies.
- Provide measurement and reporting of Xero’s risk and compliance position suitable for various levels of Xero’s leadership.
- Coach and mentor other team members to help them become the best versions of themselves they can be, using a variety of techniques which may include performance feedback and career development.
What you'll bring with you?
- To complement the competencies and skills in our current Security Risk & Compliance team we are looking for someone with working experience in a variety of companies and industries.
- In addition you should have experience in performing compliance gap assessments and developing integration roadmaps.
- You will have been involved in integration activities for different IT environments or as security expert in M&A activities would be an advantage compared to other candidates. Please make sure you include this in your Cover letter.
- Taking a business focused and pragmatic approach to security risk management, at the same time be thorough and detail orientated.
- Being recognised as a technical lead or senior contributor in your team.
- High quality written communication to a wide range of people and familiarity with communication to senior stakeholders.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and ability to get things done through influence.
- Working collaboratively and empowering other team members to do their best work
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.