Product Marketing Manager (Senior)
Toronto, CA /
Brand, Marketing & Communications – Product & Partner Marketing /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Team
The Payments, Billing & Automation team spans product management, product marketing, engineering, data and design. Together, we work to develop innovative product solutions that help small businesses save time and improve cash flow. Outside of the core product team we collaborate cross functionally with peers in our key markets (Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, UK and US) to develop initiatives that drive adoption and usage of our products and features in Xero amongst our key audiences - small businesses, accountants and bookkeepers.
About the Role
In this role, you will champion Xero’s data capture solutions (including Hubdoc) and be accountable for positioning and marketing these to new and existing small business customers and their advisors.
You will need to quickly become the go-to expert on the needs of the customer and the value of our products to tie everything together through clear and concise propositions.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Build strong relationships with your product team and work closely with them at all different stages of the product lifecycle, from product discovery through to launch and then continual optimisation;
- Assess the market, competitors, industry trends and customer needs. You will know your market, competition and customers better than anyone and integrate this information into your product marketing plans;
- Develop and deliver new product propositions for key customer segments, across different regions. These propositions will be based on your market research, plus all qualitative and quantitative inputs and insights gained through all available sources;
- In partnership with the product development team, lead the overall narrative around our data capture solutions, reinforcing the ways that Xero is continually delivering value to our customers. You’ll then work closely with the regional marketing and sales teams to ensure effective execution of programs to achieve your customer targets.
- You are a driven, self-motivated and energetic marketing professional with the skills and experience needed to help drive the adoption and usage of Xero’s data capture solutions.
- You are a team player and love collaborating with others to deliver real customer and business value.
- You have a natural curiosity to learn, take initiative and an exceptional ability to effectively influence others to help achieve your targets. You can balance being creative and strategic, whilst also being hands on and tactical.
What You'll Bring with You
- 6+ years experience in a product marketing or marketing role (preferably within the SaaS industry);
- Proven experience working across disciplines and being a trusted advisor to product, technology and marketing teams, anticipating potential obstacles and proactively working to deliver solutions;
- Experience developing and driving product and marketing strategies built on deep customer, business, ecosystem, product, and market understanding;
- An exceptional ability to articulate compelling propositions in clear language and develop effective marketing materials;
- Exceptional storyteller able to craft product stories for different customer segments;
- Strong communication, analytical, critical thinking and business strategy skills;
- The ability to handle the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a fast-paced tech environment;
- Experience working in a global role across geographies will be viewed favourably.
At Xero, we are empowered to bring our ‘whole self’ to work. Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate. We care about learning together and celebrate our teams’ continuous improvement and career development.
We offer a great remuneration package, including compelling benefits and perks, like Xero shares. We also support flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. Our Canadian Xero family includes Hubdoc, an automated data capture platform and we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.