Developers (Senior & Intermediate) - Financial Services
Auckland, NZ /
Technology – Platform /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We are currently hiring talented Developers, to join our Bank Integrations team within our global Technology group.
We’re keen to chat with Intermediate & Senior Developers with a growth mindset, the ability to adapt and evolve with the changing needs of the business and a clear understanding of clean design and coding practices. We have fantastic opportunities in our Auckland offices.
As part of the Bank Integrations team, you’ll be joining one of the cornerstones of what makes Xero incredible. Without us, Xero wouldn’t be where it is today. We work directly with the banks to implement and improve integrations, creating the links that make so many of Xero’s awesome product features possible.
As a Developer you will:
- Use your amazing skills to break down complex problems and find simple solutions
- Contribute significantly to the scale and design of back-end infrastructure and code to our Xero cloud software platform hosted in AWS
- Use your passion for delivering beautifully designed software!
- Influence others and build consensus using your strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Work with smart, motivated people in a supportive environment
- Enjoy a strong culture of wanting to be better and making it happen
- Feel empowered to try things out and make a real difference for our teams and our customers
Ideally, your technical tool-box will include:
- In-depth knowledge of the C# language and .NET fundamentals, including ASP.NET & Web API.
- Experience using build and deploy tools and processes to get your creations into production
- The ability to develop scalable software against large relational databases, and an understanding of NoSQL databases
- Eager to dig in and get going with a wide variety of top industry tools and frameworks for building scalable apps, think Redis, .NET Core, Event Store, Kubernetes, SQS and the AWS platform
- Working knowledge of complex architecture designs that support scalable and maintainable software solutions
Why you should become a Xero
It’s a diverse and inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. We’re a place where innovation and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’re very supportive of flexible working arrangements and offer a competitive remuneration package including shares and life insurance, in addition to your base salary. We have a culture we’re proud of. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.