Business Analyst (Tax)
Remote, UK /
Product – Product Management /
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
As a business analyst in our UK tax team you’ll use your knowledge of the UK tax and statutory reporting landscape, working with our development team to ensure we’re ahead of the game with regulatory changes and emerging needs of accountants. You’ll focus on understanding the software to identify requirements; triaging and developing these requirements alongside the wider team team. You’ll help create a clear log of issues and improvements to be addressed, and will provide scope and analysis on larger issues for our other tax teams to resolve.
What you'll do...
- Identify, interpret and document the detailed technical regulatory and needs (such as legislative budget changes and Making Tax Digital) and calculations to support Xero’s UK tax solution
- Liaise with our external advisories to provide solutions to any technical compliance queries that may arise, including supporting our customer support team on any calculation defects raised by our clients
- Represent Xero Tax in meetings with HMRC/Companies House/Government, as agreed to by the Product Manager
- Work with the various Xero departments to ensure all client facing materials are accurate
What you'll bring...
- You’ll have a CTA (Chartered Tax Adviser) or AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) qualification, with extensive knowledge of the UK tax system
- You’ll come from a legislative background in UK tax with a deep understanding of statutory reporting With the ability to work cross functionally you’ll possess the ability to drive results, being confident working in a fast-paced high performance culture
- You’ll be confident conducting research and have the ability to disseminate information into clear and concise requirements that can be understood by all
- Experience in product development or working with product and development teams would be an asset, but is not essential
This role is a permanent role within the business and is accompanied by a salary up to £55,000 plus benefits.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package with benefits that support a range of lifestyle choices and requirements and the opportunity to participate in Xero’s success through our Long Term Incentive scheme. Xero has rapidly expanding offices in London, Milton Keynes and Manchester and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident committed. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.