Product – Product - General
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the team
The Practice Growth team has one of the best challenges within Xero; to create innovative solutions, that help our amazing accountant and bookkeeping partners grow their practice.
To ensure that what we build, will be used, will be loved, and will meet our mission, we follow a "Lean Startup" mindset. We aim to discover as quickly as possible whether something will fail, or flourish, through rapid delivery and experimentation.
We are a collaborative team, that supports each other, and the teams around us. We are human, and we never take ourselves too seriously. We value quality and passionately care about our customers.
Couple this with a beautiful new office, with all the bells and whistles, it is a pretty amazing place to do the best work of your life
About the role
- Design and develop beautiful software solutions as part of our cross-functional team
- Mentor and support junior development talent, and help them reach their potential
- Take ownership of problems and fix them regardless of whose fault it is
- Work closely with colleagues, to code review, and to provide insights and constructive feedback
- Prototype new solutions with real customers, test assumptions through experimentation, and decide whether we ‘pivot’ or ‘persevere’
- Rapid delivery through our CI/CD pipeline
- Hold a relevant bachelors degree and at least 2 years relevant experience
- Use your technical know-how and passion to deliver beautiful software in an agile team
- Continually be open to learning, improving, innovating and sharing your knowledge
- Help build a positive work environment where others feel confident and able to deliver great work
- Be a team player and build great working relationships with other Xeros
- Enjoy working in a lean, agile, experimental environment
- Give and receive honest constructive feedback
- Most importantly, have fun on this journey
What you'll bring with you
- Solid understanding of how to build testable, decoupled, maintainable code and other engineering best practices
- Good knowledge of C# language and .NET Core
- ASP.NET MVC & REST/ WebAPI
- Experience working with AWS, or other cloud platforms.
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- CI/CD, using build and deploy tools to get your creations into production
- Agile / Lean software development experience
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.