Senior Legal Counsel - Indonesia (Jakarta)
Legal and compliance
We're looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join us in Jakarta, Indonesia. In this role, you will report to the Head of Legal (Singapore) and work within the Legal & Compliance team to support Xfers' activities in regulation, licensing, compliance and structuring, negotiating, and closing contracts.
Apart from supporting the Senior Management, you will also be collaborating with our Finance and Product Management teams.
We will need you to have excellent communication skills in English and in Bahasa Indonesia to interact with internal and external business clients while addressing complex issues in an accurate, clear, and thorough manner.
You'll also need a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ensure compliance with Indonesian laws and regulations, ranging from BI and OJK regulations to company administration and HR-related issues
- Applying for the necessary licences to operate a fintech business
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, draft and provide advice on complex legal transactions such as strategic partnerships and acquisitions in Indonesia
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise on a variety of transactions such as standard Terms of Services for our users, internet-related agreements and policies including Merchant Agreements, IT and business process outsourcing agreements, including payment systems, data privacy, inbound/outbound technology and data licensing agreements, software development agreements and SOWs, and services and consulting agreements.
- Reviewing and updating internal policies & procedures
- Respond promptly and effectively to legal requests & regulatory advice from sales, corporate development, operations, marketing, finance and other internal clients, and advise on recommended courses of action.
- Ability to supervise outside counsel on substantial and diverse matters; the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with teams from many disciplines.
- Training non-legal staff for compliance with regulations and internal policies
- Minimum 5 years of legal experience in law firms (corporate) and/or in-house counsel, preferably in banking/finance/fintech industry.
- Bachelor degree from top tier law school with admittance to the Indonesian Bar (PERADI)
- Thorough understanding of legal principles applicable to many areas of practice, including regulatory requirements, licensing, commercial contracts, business transactions, Indonesia company corporate laws.
- Comprehensive understanding in law & regulatory compliance matters, particularly in the prevailing laws and regulations (from BI & OJK) relevant to non-bank financial institutions.
- Excellent legal drafting skills.
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented.
- Fluent in spoken & written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Word (use of Styles, multi-numbered lists, paragraph spacings, etc)
- Proficient in Google Docs & Slides