Compliance Intern - Singapore
Legal and compliance /
Xfers is a fintech startup based in Singapore with a vision to build a unified banking payments platform to provide regional payment solutions across Southeast Asia.
Our mission is to facilitate trade across the region to support the overall economy in the region to thrive. Xfers is backed by YCombinator, 500 Startups, Golden Gate Ventures and Eduardo Saverin. We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble.
Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done. We believe that credentials don’t say everything. What you love doing is way more important than the credentials you have. The Legal and Compliance team takes care of the reputational, regulatory and AML risk management strategy of the company.
You will be responsible for helping to enhance our risk management culture through effective communication and controls execution.
- Be familiar or become familiar with applicable MAS Regulations
- Preparing written policies and procedures in compliance with applicable regulations
- Assist in drafting and issuing communications regarding new and revised policies
- Analyze new regulatory developments, taking into consideration applicability to the business, and products and services offered
- Assist in preparing reports to update stakeholders
- Assist in conducting controls
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Must be able to work with various teams in a professional environment
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Word (e.g. using multi-numbered list, styles, headers, section formatting, etc)
- Proficiency in Powerpoint (e.g. master slides, diagrams, animations when appropriate)
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel
- Proactive attitude to issue management and escalation
- A passion and knowledge of the payments industry and the latest developments in financial technology
- Prior internship or work experience in financial services, technology companies, or legal industry is a plus