Supply Chain & Logistics Specialist
Durham, NC (Capitola) /
Upstream Operations /
Based in Durham, North Carolina, Xilis, Inc. is a biotechnology company developing a precision oncology
platform that guides treatment decisions for oncologists to improve cancer care outcomes for patients
and supports drug discovery and development for pharmaceutical companies. Xilis’ proprietary
MicroOrganoSpheres (MOS) are miniature patient tumors that capture the full microenvironment and
heterogeneity and provide an automated and scalable solution. Using MOS and AI-driven algorithms,
Xilis is developing a Xilis Response Score™ for the clinic, enabling oncologists to make informed and
timely treatment decisions. Additionally, the MOS technology is speeding up development and clinical
trials of cancer drugs by enabling analysis of authentic tumor microenvironments, high-throughput
preclinical modeling, and clinical patient selection capabilities.
We are supported in this mission by top Silicon Valley, New York, and international venture firms that
are leaders in the healthcare space and have invested in top precision medicine companies including
Foundation Medicine and Guardant Health.
Xilis is seeking a Supply Chain & Logistics Specialist to fill a new position that will be a key member of the Upstream
Operations team. This is an exciting opportunity to grow with a rapidly growing organization that will
revolutionize cancer patient care. We are looking for an individual that is motivated by engaging in many
different aspects of our business, is looking for opportunities to refine their supply-related skills, and is
also passionate about advancing their career.
If you are looking for a company where you can apply the skills you have learned, gain experience in a
rapidly growing business and be a key member of building supply chain processes and functionality in an
emerging business, this is a role for you to look into!
- Procure consumables and other supplies required for daily operations.
- Identify supply challenges that may impact the business and pursue mitigation plans.
- Participate in establishing shipping best practices for outbound small packages and ensuring cold chain compliance for temperature-controlled shipments.
- Receive, inspect and process inbound shipments.
- Deliver exceptional service and communication to Xilis strategic partners, commercial customers and internal team members.
- Build relationships with supplier partners to ensure the continuity of supply.
- Participate in the development and implementation of SOPs to support Research and Development and Commercial operations with consistently high service.
- Other duties as assigned such as developing and executing plans for upcoming move to Xiilis's new global headquarters located in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Four years of experience in supply chain related functions with buying experience.
- Process oriented individual that looks for opportunities to improve existing processes by making them more efficient.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to achieve performance goals.
- Generally, be a constructive member of the team, contribute to the positive development of our culture and be excited to be on the front end of building a business that will have a tremendous impact on cancer patient care.
Xilis was created when its three founders — an engineer, a physician, and a biologist — decided to come together and commercialize their technology to transform cancer care. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Furthermore, even if your work experience isn't perfectly aligned with what we've described above, if you're excited about what we're building then we want to talk to you!
Xilis offers comprehensive health, vision, dental & retirement plans and unlimited PTO. We are a remote-friendly team: our headquarters are in Durham, North Carolina, but we have team members across the US (and beyond!).