X-Mode provides real-time location data and technologies that power location intelligence for advertising and business decisions in financial services, healthcare, high-tech, real-estate, retail, and the public sector. X-Mode's flagship product is a fast-growing big data location platform, which maps daily the precise routes of 3% of the U.S. Population and maps monthly 1 in 7 adult U.S. smartphone users (representing 25 million people). X-Mode strives to produce and monetize the world’s largest location platform and ultimately create a global “living map” of 1 billion people with the highest quality location data in order to fuel the best location intelligence business solutions.
X-Mode Social, Inc. is looking for a full time back-end developer to work on X-Mode's data platform and join our rapidly growing team. For this position, you can either work remotely OR in our Sterling, VA Headquarters.
- Scala experience
- Experience working with very large databases and batch processing datasets with hundreds of millions of records
- Four years working with SQL and relational databases
- Four years Linux experience
- Two years working with cloud services, ideally in AWS
- Self-motivated learner / self-teaching
- Self-starter who can maintain a team-centered outlook
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem, e.g. Spark, Hive, or Presto/Athena
- Real-time streaming with Kinesis, Kafka or similar libraries
- Machine Learning
- Elasticsearch or Solr
- GIS/Geospatial tools/analysis
Our technical staff is scattered across the U.S, so you'll need to be comfortable working remotely. We often use Phone, Google Hangouts and UberConference to coordinate, as well as Basecamp, Jira and Trello for tasking, and bit bucket for source control.
We work in short sprints, and we'll count on you to provide estimates for tasks to be completed and delivered. We're looking to hire someone to start right away! Think you've got what it takes? Apply below and feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.