X-Mode provides real-time location data and technologies that power location intelligence for advertising and business decisions in financial services, healthcare, high-tech, real-estate, retail, and the public sector. X-Mode's flagship product is a fast-growing big data location platform, which maps daily the precise routes of 10% of the U.S. Population and maps monthly 1 in 3 adult U.S. smartphone users. X-Mode strives to produce and monetize the world’s largest location platform and ultimately create a global “living map” of 1 billion people with the highest quality location data in order to fuel the best location intelligence business solutions.
X-Mode Social, Inc. is looking for a full time back-end developer to work on X-Mode's data platform and join our rapidly growing team. For this position, you can either work remotely OR in our Sterling, VA Headquarters.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Use big data technologies, processing frameworks, and platforms to solve complex problems related to location
- Build, improve, and maintain data pipelines that ingest billions of data points on a daily basis
- Efficiently query data and provide data sets to help Sales and Client Success teams' with any data evaluation requests
- Ensure high data quality through analysis, testing, and usage of machine learning algorithms
WHO YOU ARE:
- 1+ years of Spark and Scala experience
- Experience working with very large databases and batch processing datasets with hundreds of millions of records
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem, e.g. Spark, Hive, or Presto/Athena
- Real-time streaming with Kinesis, Kafka or similar libraries
- 4+ years working with SQL and relational databases
- 4+ years Linux experience
- 2 years working with cloud services, ideally in AWS
- Self-motivated learner who is willing to self-teach
- Self-starter who can maintain a team-centered outlook
- BONUS: Experience with Python, Machine Learning, and Apache Elasticsearch or Apache Solr
- BONUS: GIS/Geospatial tools/analysis and any past experience with geolocation data
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 20 Days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Lunch provided 2x a week
- Snacks, snacks, snacks!
- Casual dress code
- Free Parking on-site
Our technical staff is scattered across the U.S, so you'll need to be comfortable working remotely. We often use Phone, Google Hangouts and UberConference to coordinate, as well as Basecamp, Jira and Trello for tasking, and bit bucket for source control.
We work in short sprints, and we'll count on you to provide estimates for tasks to be completed and delivered. We're looking to hire someone to start right away! Think you've got what it takes? Apply below and feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.